Cape schanck rock fishing

Buckle&scream

Re: Cape schanck rock fishing

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:59 am

I've been looking up a lot on YouTube and Google about cape shank and LBG from those rocks and the place looks like a prime location for it and I'm sure some kings get landed occasionally, well that's what I think although I haven't seen much other then wrasse, sweep, trevally and salmon.
I just hope all these people that Pop up from time to time talking and asking about these dangerous locations are experienced and aware of the dangerous because I don't see the logic in risking your life and your mates lives just for wrasse sweep trevally and salmon when you can safely catch them of a pier or rocks in the southern end of the bay like the peninsular ATM all those fish are getting caught regularly ATM. When I look at the pros and cons of fishing there it doesn't seem worth it. To high a danger for very average fish in my opinion. Ok if your experienced and know what your doing but I think a lot aren't and are asking for serious trouble.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:06 pm

I think a bit of mystique develops about some of these places; people see on the news that people die fishing these rock ledges and I guess they start to assume that there must be some amazing fishing to be had if fishermen are willing to risk their lives to fish there.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:33 pm

4liters wrote:I think a bit of mystique develops about some of these places; people see on the news that people die fishing these rock ledges and I guess they start to assume that there must be some amazing fishing to be had if fishermen are willing to risk their lives to fish there.

Yuuuup

Remember when you see reports from places like Pnchbowl that there is almost always someone fishing there on weekends. I don't think i've ever been there short of at stupid oclock on a weekday and not had someone come fish next to me. It's a nice spot, but i dont' think is necessarily any better than any ledge along that stretch of coast or on the Island. Quite simply it's well known cos a few folks died there and there's always rods out, hence more fish get caught.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:04 pm

Or lol
A)no fishing licence and like to take undersize or over the limit
B)anti social and get in to **** with people where ever they go while fishing on piers and popular areas.
C)want to do drugs like smoke bongs and crack pipes while they fish or just get **** faced.
D)have all the gear and no idea so they go to dangerous hide out locations where no one can see how they fish..

Or maybe they are serious LBG Fishos lol

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:53 pm

^ You never know who you're standing next too.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Cape Schanck”