Bushrangers Bay

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Bushrangers Bay

Post by CarlG » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Had a little bash down at Bushrangers this arvo, had the three daughters in tow, so while they were playing around, I hit the surf for a quick blast with the metals..no joy on the salmon front, was fairly shallow, with quite a bit of weed around, but was still a very enjoyable couple of hours in a very nice spot. Interesting looking ledges around the back of the large stack at the far end of the beach, if I`d had more time, I would have given them a closer look. Keep that one for another day..For anyone considering a drive down, it`s around a 45 minute walk each way from the carpark, (took an hour with the daughters, couple of stops, plus an incident with some of the local `Roos).
Carl..

Messiah

Re: Bushrangers Bay

Post by Messiah » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Do you no anyone who has fished there ? And any reports?

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:22 pm

there are some big Abalone to be found if you go for a swim during Ab season
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Caught some wrasse and sweep off the rocks there years ago, it was not a serious fishing attempt, only went there for a scouting mission with a spinning rod and a few metal slices. Had no luck spinning so removed a treble off a lure and attached the treble to my line, baited it with sandwich bread and caught some small sweep and wrasse. Plenty of potential there if you are prepared to hike in.

Rob

Davo

Post by Davo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:25 pm

fishingvic wrote:there are some big Abalone to be found if you go for a swim during Ab season
Just remember to take them from 2 m depth of water or more, regardless of the state of tide, because shallower than that is defined as "intertidal zone" and taking of abalone from the intertidal zone is illegal. People get this confused and think that on a big big low tide they can wade and get them shallow, but the "intertidal zone" as defined in the regs just moves out with the water on a very low tide. It's Minimum 2 m depth at any time you take them. This basically means you have to dive at least a little bit, and you really can't wade/shore pick them...

liam_87

Post by liam_87 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:42 pm

ive hit bushrangers bay up a few times, there is pinkies off the rocks, and the odd kingfish, lots of big black fish and blue throat wrasse, plenty of horse shoe leather jackets, not too mention a healthy population of white pointers around 200m off the rocks there haha.

lots of crayfish aswell, though id recommend diving for them on a really really calm day.
sometimes a large school of sea run mullet will get caught in the main rock pool aswell,

liam_87

Post by liam_87 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:44 pm

there is also salmon down there, nothing of real trophy size, but good live bait size if your wanting to get a kingie down there.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Where is bushrangers bay

liam_87

Post by liam_87 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:00 pm

its on the cape schanck walktrack, there is two ways to it though, either walk from cape schanck or there is another entrance i cant remember the road though.

but im heading down this sunday for my last fishing session before navy training, ill be sure to post anything that i find down there,
gets pretty quiet down there in winter.
but im going to be flicking small plastics around the rocks after trevally and sweep in the white wash

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Thanks for that I would never have found it

Return to “Cape Schanck”