Balnarring Report

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Balnarring Report

Post by FishnMiss » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:27 pm

Larksy88 wrote:Next time you are there throw a Gummy bait out!
Yeah I could try it :-D
Does it matter when the wind is up, choppy & the areas full of weeds & seagrass?
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Piglet77

Post by Piglet77 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:03 am

Managed to have a child and chore free day Sunday. Picked up fresh squid and mackerel from the market on Saturday with the plan of a Gummie or 2 at balnarring. Arrived at 5 am with only 1 other car in the car park and still conditions. Fished till about 10 am with the end result of a flathead the size of a french fry and some very well fed crabs. Also thankyou to the fellow fisherman who was a regular and provided some local info. I will be back for another crack as I am not beaten that easy

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:31 am

Piglet77 wrote:Managed to have a child and chore free day Sunday. Picked up fresh squid and mackerel from the market on Saturday with the plan of a Gummie or 2 at balnarring. Arrived at 5 am with only 1 other car in the car park and still conditions. Fished till about 10 am with the end result of a flathead the size of a french fry and some very well fed crabs. Also thankyou to the fellow fisherman who was a regular and provided some local info. I will be back for another crack as I am not beaten that easy
I would try and fish the incoming tides at night, they are more productive than daylight hours, (unless you have a boat) and watch the moon phases as these are part of the gummy hunt.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”