Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Anyone else fishing gummies tonight with the moon?

Post by Lightningx » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:18 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:Two Eagle rays and two Banjos. I really wish I knew what I’m doing wrong. Lots of hours the last two months.
Don’t think you are doing much wrong mate. Just keep doing what you’re doing using fresh bait and I’m sure you will snag one sooner or later :P

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:06 am

slinga wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:Two Eagle rays and two Banjos. I really wish I knew what I’m doing wrong. Lots of hours the last two months.
Before I owned a boat I think I did about 20 trips from the beach without a Gummy. Before this I had 5 or 6 trips in a row for one... it happens mate!

Yeah just one of those things that take time to learn I guess. Before I bought my boat last year I did a lot of trips from the sand. Only a small gummy and a huge seven gill. I’ll keep at it, Landing gummies and sharks in general from the sand is pretty cool.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:07 am

Lightningx wrote:
Don’t think you are doing much wrong mate. Just keep doing what you’re doing using fresh bait and I’m sure you will snag one sooner or later :P
Once I find that magic location it’s game over :rofl:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Fish move so you location mite be lucky next full moon.
Keep hoping

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 pm

smile0784 wrote:Fish move so you location mite be lucky next full moon.
Keep hoping
It was the first time fishing the location, its between somers and balnarring, near the creek mouth, spot produces quite well, just need to learn how and when to fish it. Ill be trying the area again on the new moon coming up, but slight move away from where i was last time. It looks good, theres a gutter in close and a lot of structure and reef. Something about landing one from the beach gets me going.. since landing that huge gilla from the rockwall at somers its kinda hooked me on that + its a good change from boating 24/7

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”