Fishing day Sat 10th

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Fishing day Sat 10th

Post by smile0784 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:42 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Where abouts you heading out?
Just going for a lazy day squidding, will drift a few of my spots on Quail and then bottom of tyabb bank too. Depending how I go, might give it a go for a grey or red one we’ll see
Sounds like a good day
Good luck

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:46 pm

smile0784 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Just going for a lazy day squidding, will drift a few of my spots on Quail and then bottom of tyabb bank too. Depending how I go, might give it a go for a grey or red one we’ll see
Sounds like a good day
Good luck
looks to be a beautiful day, lets hope the fishing is somewhat decent. Cheers

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:47 pm

A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Was out quail way last Saturday arvo for a donut and jellies were everywhere, some big boys too. One ended up running into my line, not that it did anything but excite me think I had some what of a bite.. :down: hopefully they’ve gone.
can always get the squiddles at quail mate, she'll be right :cheers: , tends to be a lot of jellies on the big tides

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:55 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Was out quail way last Saturday arvo for a donut and jellies were everywhere, some big boys too. One ended up running into my line, not that it did anything but excite me think I had some what of a bite.. :down: hopefully they’ve gone.

can always get the squiddles at quail mate, she'll be right :cheers: , tends to be a lot of jellies on the big tides
Haha shows how much I know of the area, don’t even try for them. Chucked out a small bait hoping for something small like whiting or something and a gummy bait out. Was a great day for it, that’s until the wind went to gale earlier then forecasted. Was fun trying to pull the anchor in while waves crash over the front of the boat, and tryna putt a 20hp boat back to the pier down the channel.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:06 pm

A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Haha shows how much I know of the area, don’t even try for them. Chucked out a small bait hoping for something small like whiting or something and a gummy bait out. Was a great day for it, that’s until the wind went to gale earlier then forecasted. Was fun trying to pull the anchor in while waves crash over the front of the boat, and tryna putt a 20hp boat back to the pier down the channel.
hahahah, **** i hate pulling anchors up in strong current and wind, one day ill get myself an electric anchor winch

A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Post by A-a-ron » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:11 pm

► Show Spoiler
STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

hahahah, **** i hate pulling anchors up in strong current and wind, one day ill get myself an electric anchor winch
Too true! Even better when it’s wedged in some rocks or something and you’ve gotta drive the boat forward to get it free. Hoping the boat I just got has one, :o_0: haven’t even checked if it is, coz I’ve got it stored elsewhere. Guessing it won’t be.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:49 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Well worth it mate :thumbsup:

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:

100%, hard to have 1.5-2k lying around tho :(

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:42 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

You and me both mate.
But isnt that what your deckie is for lol

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:43 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
A-a-ron wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

100%, hard to have 1.5-2k lying around tho :(
Exactly.
Some times funds dont allow for all the cool toys

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”