Dromana beach

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
skuxliss

Dromana beach

Post by skuxliss » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:32 am

Hi all,

Just wondering, has anyone fished from Dromana beach before? Near the boat ramps? Always drive pass and people are fishing near the boat ramp, unsure of what you could catch as the beach doesn't look to deep?

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Dromana beach

Post by CarlG » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:41 am

Whiting are caught along there mate, never tried it myself despite living nearby, but I have spoke to a bloke who said it's pretty good..

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:43 am

I think you are talking about Anthonys Nose, if you search the forum there should be a few threads on it

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:00 am

Larksy88 wrote:I think you are talking about Anthonys Nose, if you search the forum there should be a few threads on it
Yeah just Googled the spot and is that point. Seems like it's packed most weekends for fishing so keen to give it a crack and chase the whiting haha.

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:07 am

Yeah it can be a good spot, make sure you burley up, and night time would probably be best

Matt

paulpaciocco

Post by paulpaciocco » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Yeah mate definitely Anthony's nose. Wait for the incoming tide, right next to boat ramp, pippies on a paternoster rig and cast out right around the sand banks. Scope it out during the day if you're thinking of hitting it at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:09 pm

paulpaciocco wrote:Yeah mate definitely Anthony's nose. Wait for the incoming tide, right next to boat ramp, pippies on a paternoster rig and cast out right around the sand banks. Scope it out during the day if you're thinking of hitting it at night.

thanks mate, they remind me of Herring back in NZ but keen to catch a few. Ol' mate at work catches them religiously every weekend at Stony's point but noticed Dromana being a nice beach as it's not too far from home.

paulpaciocco

Post by paulpaciocco » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:13 pm

No worries mate! For maximum catch, when a pippie is threaded on the hook, cut a small strip of squid and put it on too. It'll keep the pippie on.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”