21/1 - mt martha

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
brycieboy

21/1 - mt martha

Post by brycieboy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:24 pm

after working over christmas / new years i decided to take some leave. weather looked good for thursday so i got up early but it was a little windy. deiced to hit up mornington peir instead of taking the boat out. was on the smll peir about 7am flicking a squid jig. tried for about an hour with no luck and noticed the win was ok and the water was flat. so headed home and grabbed the boat.

launched at martha cove and headed out. on the way out i realised i didnt grab any of my bait from the freezer... so headed over to near pebble beach to drift. picked up one squid on the 2nd drift and another a few drifts later. then a few more with nothing, was having trouble drifitng to fast and not being able to get the jig down. so put some small split shot on the leader. this worked and i bot one more. then it went quiet. i then headed over to near the no boating zone but after a few drifts and nothing i gave up.

took the boat for a bit of a spin because it hadnt been used for a while. saw some dolphins.

on the way back in i had a few more drifts and picked up another squid.

total of 4. biggest was around 24cm hood. all in the freezer for bait.
3 were caught on a red/ purple 2.5 ika jig and 1 on a gold/orange 4.0 cheapie.

no photos. sorry.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: 21/1 - mt martha

Post by Nude up » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Beats working, hope you turn them into something substantial, I used all my leave last year but managed to save some rdo's for the annual bermie trip.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”