6/8/2016

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

6/8/2016

Post by Lightningx » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 pm

The plan was to launch the boat today but things didn't go to plan so we ended up going for a nice drive and packed a couple of fishing rods as well.

On the way back the water looked too tempting to try for some squid so we headed to a spot we have done really well in the past.

When we arrived I was surprised to see quite a few people fishing and a couple of tinnies within casting distance from the land :rofl:

Immediately I didn't get a very good feeling but we decided to give it a go anyway.

3rd cast and snag. Beautiful. I try my best to get off it but after trying for some time I give up and a white Sephia in a 3.0 lost.

My missus then gets snagged too and another one lost :down:

I look around and notice the others are also squidding but don't see any landed.
I dedide to try a smaller jig in a 2.5 size and at last success. One of the guys in the tinnie sees me reeling in my squid and decides to move closer which I thought was hilarious.

After that caught a couple more but they were all small so I decided to keep them as bait to use on the boat in the coming weeks.

The sunset was absolutely beautiful and my missus took some nice pics.
Wasn't much action in terms of fishing but we had a great day :P
image.png
image.png (266.65 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
image.png
image.png (151.39 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
image.jpeg

Cheers,
LX.

Marty.A

Re: 6/8/2016

Post by Marty.A » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Well done LX there must be a small fortune worth of jigs in the bay.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: 6/8/2016

Post by Lightningx » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:34 am

Marty.A wrote:Well done LX there must be a small fortune worth of jigs in the bay.
Thanks mate! I think you are right about that. There would be plenty down there.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”