Fishing Mate Frankston Mornington Areas

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Fishing Mate Frankston Mornington Areas

Post by FishnMiss » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Sorry mate I don't have a boat. Maybe miss Shimano would take you out fully branded :rofl:
I'm sure you don't need to go on some blokes boat whose motor comes from China or some other non Australian country & whose seats, steering, Screen, wiring, battery, lights etc also come from China or similar :banana:
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

FishHunter81

Post by FishHunter81 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks for the off topic discussion Lol. Where is this "decky referred" thread?

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:42 am

FishnMiss wrote:Sorry mate I don't have a boat. Maybe miss Shimano would take you out fully branded :rofl:
I'm sure you don't need to go on some blokes boat whose motor comes from China or some other non Australian country & whose seats, steering, Screen, wiring, battery, lights etc also come from China or similar :banana:
As long as they are not a walking talking billboard it's not a problem.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:11 am

FishHunter81 wrote:Hi guys,
Thanks for the off topic discussion Lol. Where is this "decky referred" thread?
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=18160&start=80&hilit=deckie

However sometimes there will be posts asking for a deckhand, lately there have been a few request for deckhands being required for the tuna.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:54 am

rb85 wrote:
FishnMiss wrote:Sorry mate I don't have a boat. Maybe miss Shimano would take you out fully branded :rofl:
gee whatever happened to supporting australian built/made products only??
oh wait you wouldnt own a boat or go fishing then, reality check almost everything you use for fishing is made overseas :rofl:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:13 am

purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
oh wait you wouldnt own a boat or go fishing then, reality check almost everything you use for fishing is made overseas :rofl:
Purple you have misread what I said in regard to supporting Australian made products where I can.

Which in regards to clothing is just as affordable with superior quality and as a plus I'm not being a billboard for tackle manufacturers. Seems strange how the topic of apparel has gone to board motors and tackle itself which if there was Aussie built products and I was in the market I would strive to support.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:30 am

rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Purple you have misread what I said in regard to supporting Australian made products where I can.

Which in regards to clothing is just as affordable with superior quality and as a plus I'm not being a billboard for tackle manufacturers. Seems strange how the topic of apparel has gone to board motors and tackle itself which if there was Aussie built products and I was in the market I would strive to support.
fair enough mate, but i can honestly say dont knock the bilboard gear until you have tried SOME of them.
Nobody is forcing you to buy or wear Bilboard gear. but if others are wanting to wear it then so be it. they dont magically catch more fish either by just wearing bilboard gear. its personal preference.
The fact that you and your mates all agree that bilboard fisherman are just waste of space is whats a bit sad, the guy could be a genuine down to earth guy, but you guys miss out cause you dont let anyone like that fish with you..
and for the record i try and support local as well, but most times (nowdays) the quality and price difference is too good to pass up.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:21 am

Could not carless what people wear on my boat( I dont judge book by its cover)
, as long they r a good person n help out n pay there way...im happy..

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:23 am

FishHunter81 wrote:Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone out there who has a boat and is interested in a fishing companion for the snapper and summer season. I'm a keen fisherman still learning on land and have fished off a boat also. I have all my own gear, and of course I would contribute to fuel, help with unloading and coming in, and cleaning the boat after use. Also willing to pay towards boat ramp fees if we can get out often.

In regards to myself, I enjoy fishing so won't bother u with constant talk all day long out there. Just want to hunt the fish and learn along the way.
Regards.
Welcome . I some times put up threads for a decky.
Tho most my fishing from city to geelong.

nmgar

Post by nmgar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:43 pm

[quote="rb85]

Which in regards to clothing is just as affordable with superior quality and as a plus I'm not being a billboard for tackle manufacturers. [/quote]

I would prefer to buy Australian made as well but I find it extremely difficult to find SPF50+ clothing manufactured here. I worked in the textile industry for a number of years but moved on when manufacturing moved offshore due to labour costs

What brands that are made in Australia would you recommend?
Cheers,
Neil

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”