rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Fishing Mate Frankston Mornington Areas

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:06 pm

purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
FishnMiss wrote:Sorry mate I don't have a boat. Maybe miss Shimano would take you out fully branded :rofl:
I'm sure you don't need to go on some blokes boat whose motor comes from China or some other non Australian country & whose seats, steering, Screen, wiring, battery, lights etc also come from China or similar :banana:
As long as they are not a walking talking billboard it's not a problem.
gee whatever happened to supporting australian built/made products only??
oh wait you wouldnt own a boat or go fishing then, reality check almost everything you use for fishing is made overseas :rofl:
Purple you have misread what I said in regard to supporting Australian made products where I can.

Which in regards to clothing is just as affordable with superior quality and as a plus I'm not being a billboard for tackle manufacturers. Seems strange how the topic of apparel has gone to board motors and tackle itself which if there was Aussie built products and I was in the market I would strive to support.
fair enough mate, but i can honestly say dont knock the bilboard gear until you have tried SOME of them.
Nobody is forcing you to buy or wear Bilboard gear. but if others are wanting to wear it then so be it. they dont magically catch more fish either by just wearing bilboard gear. its personal preference.
The fact that you and your mates all agree that bilboard fisherman are just waste of space is whats a bit sad, the guy could be a genuine down to earth guy, but you guys miss out cause you dont let anyone like that fish with you..
and for the record i try and support local as well, but most times (nowdays) the quality and price difference is too good to pass up.
Purple I never said billboard fisherman are just a waste of space I said the clothes are and people should have more dignity than being a walking advertisement. If they are genuine down to earth thats great just wear a burqa, a suit or something else instead of a fishing shirt full of brand promotion. The fishing apparel market is a scam nothing but consumerism

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:10 pm

nmgar wrote:
I would prefer to buy Australian made as well but I find it extremely difficult to find SPF50+ clothing manufactured here. I worked in the textile industry for a number of years but moved on when manufacturing moved offshore due to labour costs

What brands that are made in Australia would you recommend?
Think theres a place in SA that manufacture SPF50+ clothing. Personally don't wear those shirts apart from a few I was gifted that had 0 logos.
Try ECA's website to find a manufacturer.

nmgar

Post by nmgar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:31 pm

I always wear a 50+ top on the water as I have had skin cancers removed previously.

No joy on the ECA website unfortunately, so far as I know there are no Australian companies making them; the ones I have (without fishing company logos as I find them crass personally) are made in China.
Cheers,
Neil

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Fair enough no harm in trying.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:45 pm

rb85 wrote:Check out the decky referred thread champ. It's a one stop shop for everything you need to know.

In my boat fishing shirts and apparel that make people look like walking billboards are banned.

I love the boat full of the fishing shirts....generally pencil it in for 2 small flaties and a toady.

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:30 pm

rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
rb85 wrote:Check out the decky referred thread champ. It's a one stop shop for everything you need to know.

In my boat fishing shirts and apparel that make people look like walking billboards are banned.
You mean I can't wear my fishing addiction hat, diawa scarf, shimano jocks, nitro t-shirt, compleat angler socks and BCF hankerchiefs. :o_0: :banana:
You can just not in my boat mate.
Hahaha good one wooly. I didn't know shimano makes jocks. Might have to get miss shimano to snag me a few freebies..

Ps . Rb85 so you fish with no name gear or stuff you handmade yourself? ? Whats wrong with supporting a few brands you use. Nobodys forcing you to do it either mate
So does that also mean you also hate people that wear their footy team jumpers when they go to the footy? Cricket/soccer fans wearing their team jerseys to a game??
And what do you do if someone you invited on your boat came dressed looking like a walking billboard. Are you going to not take them because of that.. bit lame really to be honest..
Gee hit a nerve there.
They are a manufacturers that happen to promote fishing tackle they don't need my support I prefer to purchase clothing thats made in Australia supporting Australian textile workers where does Shimano, BCF, Diawa etc manufacture their apparel? Does it produce clothing in sweatshops?
Couldn't care what sporting fans wear to the game but brand brand loyalty to foreign manufacturers is pathetic.
A walking billboard wouldn't be getting a spot on my boat as my mates have more dignity than to be paying to advertise brands it has been discussed and those I have mentioned it to agree it's lame.

Do you think bicycle part manufacturers who happen to make tackle need support?
I actuallt get my fishing clothes from the op shops.

the money goes to a good cause and after the salt rips them apart you throw them out

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:30 pm

barra mick wrote:

I love the boat full of the fishing shirts....generally pencil it in for 2 small flaties and a toady.
Love your work BM.

The opposite would be the old bloke in the banged up rough old tinny who never fails to get a good feed.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:31 pm

barra mick wrote:
rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
You mean I can't wear my fishing addiction hat, diawa scarf, shimano jocks, nitro t-shirt, compleat angler socks and BCF hankerchiefs. :o_0: :banana:
You can just not in my boat mate.
Hahaha good one wooly. I didn't know shimano makes jocks. Might have to get miss shimano to snag me a few freebies..

Ps . Rb85 so you fish with no name gear or stuff you handmade yourself? ? Whats wrong with supporting a few brands you use. Nobodys forcing you to do it either mate
So does that also mean you also hate people that wear their footy team jumpers when they go to the footy? Cricket/soccer fans wearing their team jerseys to a game??
And what do you do if someone you invited on your boat came dressed looking like a walking billboard. Are you going to not take them because of that.. bit lame really to be honest..
Gee hit a nerve there.
They are a manufacturers that happen to promote fishing tackle they don't need my support I prefer to purchase clothing thats made in Australia supporting Australian textile workers where does Shimano, BCF, Diawa etc manufacture their apparel? Does it produce clothing in sweatshops?
Couldn't care what sporting fans wear to the game but brand brand loyalty to foreign manufacturers is pathetic.
A walking billboard wouldn't be getting a spot on my boat as my mates have more dignity than to be paying to advertise brands it has been discussed and those I have mentioned it to agree it's lame.

Do you think bicycle part manufacturers who happen to make tackle need support?
I actuallt get my fishing clothes from the op shops.

the money goes to a good cause and after the salt rips them apart you throw them out
Not bad at all Thrift shop fishing.

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm

rb85 wrote:
barra mick wrote:

Love your work BM.

The opposite would be the old bloke in the banged up rough old tinny who never fails to get a good feed.
seen that a lot also

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:29 pm

barra mick wrote:
rb85 wrote:
barra mick wrote:

Love your work BM.

seen that a lot also
Personally I hate it when on Fishing shows, regular blokes appear in brand name t-shirts, whether it is BCF, Shimano, Diawa, Tackle World or Compleat angler and those shirts that have fish images make me want to choke.

I think most clothes available in Australia are manufactured overseas, as will so in the most fishing gear. Although Wilson and Jarvis Walker are Australian brands, as well as Innovator. But the rod blanks are manufactured overseas.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”