STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Mornington pier depth

Post by STriplett1997 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:27 pm

smile0784 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
one2three wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
FishHunter81 wrote:Hi guys does anyone know the rough depth about 200m off mornington pier. Going to try a balloon float that dangles bait just at bottom.

Watch Winga's video on youtube, he does it on morno pier, pick a day where boat traffic wont be a thing, with the shitty weather here it'd be a good time to do it
Have you got a link to Winga's YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S02v5v09lNo
Thanks
no probs mate

one2three

Post by one2three » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:42 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
FishHunter81 wrote:Hi guys does anyone know the rough depth about 200m off mornington pier. Going to try a balloon float that dangles bait just at bottom.

Watch Winga's video on youtube, he does it on morno pier, pick a day where boat traffic wont be a thing, with the shitty weather here it'd be a good time to do it
I tried googling it. Cant find it.
Do you have a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S02v5v09lNo
Thanks for sharing.

Guys with live bait balloon fishing where is the best spot to hook the live bait onto?
Jack of all trades, Master of none

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:37 pm

The video shows how to disengaged the ballon so your bait is in the bottom.
I think the original question was.to keep it 1mt off the bottom.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:07 pm

smile0784 wrote:The video shows how to disengaged the ballon so your bait is in the bottom.
I think the original question was.to keep it 1mt off the bottom.
the video answers his question, he asked what depth does it drop down to when using a balloon to float the bait out

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Ok sorry mist have missed.that bit

FishHunter81

Post by FishHunter81 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Thanks Guys,
Yes obviously one would not have 200m of line off the pier when there is heavy boat traffic :P And I did mean that the bait was on the bottom not near the surface. That video off the pier was a good viewing. Anyway went down today and decided not to use this technique since the wind was not in the exact direction for it to be effective. Caught 2 baby pinkies and threw back. Some kid caught 2 nice flatties and there was a little bit of squid around.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:51 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:Thanks Guys,
Yes obviously one would not have 200m of line off the pier when there is heavy boat traffic :P And I did mean that the bait was on the bottom not near the surface. That video off the pier was a good viewing. Anyway went down today and decided not to use this technique since the wind was not in the exact direction for it to be effective. Caught 2 baby pinkies and threw back. Some kid caught 2 nice flatties and there was a little bit of squid around.

Least you went out mate, this weathers kept me off the water :( . You don't 100% have to do the balloon to catch a Snapper though. I've been on the pier when a 6kg Snapper has been caught off the concrete wall at the very start of the pier where the rocks are. Theres a reef edge 40/50m out, and the idea is to cast over the reef edge and try your luck, seen some videos on youtube of an 8kg and some other good ones from the same spot. hightide on dawn or dusk

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:20 pm

A few fish better then nothing lol

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:23 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:

Least you went out mate, this weathers kept me off the water :( . You don't 100% have to do the balloon to catch a Snapper though. I've been on the pier when a 6kg Snapper has been caught off the concrete wall at the very start of the pier where the rocks are. Theres a reef edge 40/50m out, and the idea is to cast over the reef edge and try your luck, seen some videos on youtube of an 8kg and some other good ones from the same spot. hightide on dawn or dusk
I seen a 5kg snapper caught off the rocks and the guy had trouble getting it up over.the rocks lol
Was kinda funny.
He didn't want to lift the rod up and risk pulling the hook but didnt want anyone climbing on the rocks to get it for him.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”