Easter Report

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Easter Report

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks lads.
My cousins certainly enjoyed themselves.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Do you keep going to the same.spot or sound around and.look around for birds?

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:35 pm

smile0784 wrote:Do you keep going to the same.spot or sound around and.look around for birds?
everything i did is explained in the post man haha, did you even read the report properly?
i even mentioned specifically in there that there was no Bird activity at all, absolutely none!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:09 am

purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Do you keep going to the same.spot or sound around and.look around for birds?
everything i did is explained in the post man haha, did you even read the report properly?
i even mentioned specifically in there that there was no Bird activity at all, absolutely none!
I was more meaning was the salmon you caught this time in the same spot you got them last time?

If so was there.something attaching them to the simular spot

re-tyred
Has liked: 374 times

Post by re-tyred » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:16 am

Salmon mostly hang where there is food and protection, like the edge of a bank, channel, surf zone etc.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:51 am

smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
I was more meaning was the salmon you caught this time in the same spot you got them last time?

If so was there.something attaching them to the simular spot
ahhh ok, so the last time i got the monster ones were in black rock area, these ones were from mornington, and yes i have caught salmon in same area before as well, so they must hang around similar areas.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:53 am

re-tyred wrote:Salmon mostly hang where there is food and protection, like the edge of a bank, channel, surf zone etc.
yep they certainly used the nearby rock groynes as cover i could see them hugging it , they were that close to the shore you could catch them easily from land.

Vargs

Post by Vargs » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:13 am

I usually fish Westernport but fished Mornington all day Saturday to try something different. We started trying for squid 100m or so out front of the pier and at the small rocky point but no luck. While doing this there were some guys trolling in one of the small hire boats having a fun time so we decided to give it a go. We did half a dozen runs 500m off the pier going slow with 6 good salmon in about 10 minutes. You could tell went we went through the school as we would both hook up at the same time, good fun on light squid rods with metal slugs. I was out with my 9 year old so she had some great fights.

There was no bust up or bird activity to show that they were there at all. After that and getting one small squid We then went out to 20m to try for something different but in three spots, including the DMG it was all small flathead and banjos.

Had another troll as we were coming in for on more salmon, 8 all up for the day. Half became fish tacos that night and the other half bait for a bunch on banjos and port Jacksons on Sunday night out from Warneet.

PPB has much nicer fishing conditions that Westernport but for a newbie seems harder to find the fish in the big bowl. Love a session on the salmon though.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:43 am

Vargs wrote:I usually fish Westernport but fished Mornington all day Saturday to try something different. We started trying for squid 100m or so out front of the pier and at the small rocky point but no luck. While doing this there were some guys trolling in one of the small hire boats having a fun time so we decided to give it a go. We did half a dozen runs 500m off the pier going slow with 6 good salmon in about 10 minutes. You could tell went we went through the school as we would both hook up at the same time, good fun on light squid rods with metal slugs. I was out with my 9 year old so she had some great fights.

There was no bust up or bird activity to show that they were there at all. After that and getting one small squid We then went out to 20m to try for something different but in three spots, including the DMG it was all small flathead and banjos.

Had another troll as we were coming in for on more salmon, 8 all up for the day. Half became fish tacos that night and the other half bait for a bunch on banjos and port Jacksons on Sunday night out from Warneet.

PPB has much nicer fishing conditions that Westernport but for a newbie seems harder to find the fish in the big bowl. Love a session on the salmon though.

faily certain i seen you guys, what time were you there. did you see the ifish boat?
i also seen the hire boat down there so we might have crossed paths at some stage, well there were a few the white tinny and the blue polycraft hire boats.
good to know they took the slugs trolling, ill try that next time.
what exactly is the DMG?
and yeah as i was saying before no bird activity at all!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:45 am

A Salmon session is always great fun mate. Good to hear your daughter got onto the fish as well :thumbsup:

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”