Mornington Pier - Fri 10/8 - PM

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Mornington Pier - Fri 10/8 - PM

Post by StarrangerAU » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:53 am

By all accounts the weekend weather was looking worse than ordinary but I spotted an lull in the high winds around high tide at midnight at Mornington so I figured it might be the only chance available this weekend. So I jump in the car and sprint on down.

Rock up and find absolutely zero lights on the pier, a bare minimum lights in the carpark, wind is still up and breaking over the wall, just... but what pleased me most was that damn construction barge was gone. Maybe with it gone the fish will have returned. It wasn't all lonesome out the end of the pier, half dozen boys were spread around out around the far end and had managed to lug a weber and their grill.

Its going on 10pm, high is scheduled for around 12, cloud cover 100%, the swell rollicking in, so I berly up, get the pillies on, and lines go out. Well.... if the pilchards weren't dead when they went on the hook, I dare say they were definitely drowned when I was done. Three hours later, zip, zero, de nada, doughnuts. Maybe a tap or two, but certainly no hook ups. A real dud night out.

On a disappointing note, the boys took off at midnight leaving their weber grill and JD empties out on the far end.

Home by 2. :-(

Mornington
Arr: 10pm
Winds 10-15k NW
High 12mid
Catch : zero
Dep: 1am

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Mornington Pier - Fri 10/8 - PM

Post by Lightningx » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Ah well at least you were out there giving it a good go mate.
I’m sure sooner or later you will have a good session.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Atleast you gave it a go

Disappointinh they left.there rubbish

FishHunter81

Post by FishHunter81 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Sounds like i didn't miss anything. I had thought of going down last night thinking with winds it may be productive. Might try frankston tomorrow in arvo with nice westeelys blowing

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”