Tips for fishing Devilbend Reservior

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
BevanReilly
Has liked: 1 time

Tips for fishing Devilbend Reservior

Post by BevanReilly » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:01 pm

I've just recently bought myself a kayak and went for a fish down at Devilbend as I have been there before and had luck off of the pontoon there, but had no bites from 3 hours of straight fishing with a little bit of moving around. I was fishing with soft plastic grubs which is usually what I fish with of the pontoon. I am just wondering if anyone has advice for fishing from a kayak on the reservoir. :-D

banjo

Re: Tips for fishing Devilbend Reservior

Post by banjo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi there, sorry to no fish caught. I am keen to get down there with the yak also. Is the launching area far from the car park and relatively easy trolley along to including back up the hill?

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:38 pm

BevanReilly wrote:I've just recently bought myself a kayak and went for a fish down at Devilbend as I have been there before and had luck off of the pontoon there, but had no bites from 3 hours of straight fishing with a little bit of moving around. I was fishing with soft plastic grubs which is usually what I fish with of the pontoon. I am just wondering if anyone has advice for fishing from a kayak on the reservoir. :-D

I've done well in there with deep diving hard bodies cast parallel to the weed beds where they drop off in about 3 to 4 meters of water.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:42 pm

[quote="banjo"]Hi there, sorry to no fish caught. I am keen to get down there with the yak also. Is the launching area far from the car park and relatively easy trolley along to including back up the hill?[/quote

It is about 200 mt from.the car park to the launch site.
The trip down is all good but you may want to stop for a break on the return if you have a fully laiden PA like I do.
I said after my last trip I'd wait for the Perch to grow a bit before I return. Last trip managed around 40 fish but they all ranged from 22 to 27cm.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

BevanReilly
Has liked: 1 time

Post by BevanReilly » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:31 pm

banjo wrote:Hi there, sorry to no fish caught. I am keen to get down there with the yak also. Is the launching area far from the car park and relatively easy trolley along to including back up the hill?
Yeah mate it'd depend on the sort of trolley you have for your yak. Launching is easy enough but keep in mind that you can easily loose a thong in the mud just in from the launching area.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”