Re: Mt Martha Rocks + Flinders Pier 19/04

Post by Lightningx » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:42 am

Seb85 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:24 am
Lightningx wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:47 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:40 pm
Couldn't help myself after reading this. I went to mt martha for a quick flick.
First one hour was tough, tried white and green jigs in diff sizes.
Then 2.5 red egiexile, bang! 3x squids in 15 mins, dropped 2x. Was like 2pm.
A lot of boats and kayaks in front of me and didn't see they're catching, also couple divers.
Nice work seb.
My missus and I have bagged out many times from those rocks. It’s a great spot for squid :)
Definitely good spot mate, thanks.
Looks good to fish at night for big fish too.
Yep. My mate and I have done many nighters there resulting in some nice reds :thumbsup:

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:47 am

Lightningx wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:42 am
Yep. My mate and I have done many nighters there resulting in some nice reds :thumbsup:
I'm marking my calendar for a night in November there. :a_goodjob:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

whambamsam
Has liked: 12 times

Post by whambamsam » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:26 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:23 am
whambamsam wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:32 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:38 pm
whambamsam wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:44 pm
But yes, heaps of boats and jetskis, really annoying :/ if you have the entire ocean when you've got a boat, yet you've got to come right up to shore where the landbased peasants like myself are...
Yeah I know right... Those expensive boat and all, yet they're stuck with landbased spots. Oh well, it is public water...

I was north of hearn road. A lot of people fishing off the rock too.
Oh that's odd, the north carpark where you turn off right from hearn rd onto esplanade, or did you try another cliff section a bit further up? Didn't see you, but nice work! Was really hoping to get a few more today haha. I spoke to one of the spearos earlier in the day, said he saw big schools of small squid (20+) and also big snook whilst he was swimming around. Shame I couldn't get onto any, the noise from all the boats definitely scares the fish I think :(
Yup, I parked my car there and went down to the rocks from there. Tried there and walked on the rocks to the north while keep casting with diff colours and sizes, tried plastic too for fish. Walked probably 100m til I caught those three squids. There was a guy snorkeling near where I threw my squid jig and yet I caught them.
But yeah, the boats and jet skis probably scared them put them off.
Saw a lot of small garfish, sweeps, and small school of salmons chasing my plastic.
That's so strange, if you were in the north carpark I probably would've seen you! Might've been too focused on trying to get something haha. Good to see you came away with something though - quite like the rocks as it's much less crowded than the piers with a great view (except for the boats).

FishHunter81

Post by FishHunter81 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi guys just reading the threads on here. I want to also try the rock area in mm. I've not tried the hearn rd area only further down towards safety beach. I was looking as google earth and can see nice weed patches. Where the car park is north of hearn rd, are there tracks leading down and are some less steep than others? Also with the squid rig has it been more successful with a weight to get jig down or just jig on it's own? Thanks in advance for any answers

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:43 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:28 pm
Hi guys just reading the threads on here. I want to also try the rock area in mm. I've not tried the hearn rd area only further down towards safety beach. I was looking as google earth and can see nice weed patches. Where the car park is north of hearn rd, are there tracks leading down and are some less steep than others? Also with the squid rig has it been more successful with a weight to get jig down or just jig on it's own? Thanks in advance for any answers
I never use a weight mate. Just the jig alone has done the job for me every time :thumbsup:

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Yup same, straight to squid jig, cast and retrieve. They were a bit deep yesterday, let the jig go down deep first before retrieving. Not too deep though, or you'll get snagged.

And whambamsam, you probably did see me! Just scream around next time, "are you in fish vic forum???" :-D
I was there about 2 hrs around 12:30-2:30pm.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Haha yea careful with the snags around there, I’ve lost more than a few in the past...I now know where to cast and how long to let the jig drop to avoid from getting snagged :)

whambamsam
Has liked: 12 times

Post by whambamsam » Wed May 15, 2019 4:56 am

Seb85 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:56 pm
Yup same, straight to squid jig, cast and retrieve. They were a bit deep yesterday, let the jig go down deep first before retrieving. Not too deep though, or you'll get snagged.

And whambamsam, you probably did see me! Just scream around next time, "are you in fish vic forum???" :-D
Next time I'll wear a hat with a flag on it that says fishing vic forum haha

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Wed May 15, 2019 8:00 am

whambamsam wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:56 am
Seb85 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Next time I'll wear a hat with a flag on it that says fishing vic forum haha
Not a bad idea. Maybe should produce and sell non profit FV merchandise, whether be a hat or a pin or a badge. So bumping into fellow FV members can be easily identified.
Some of the money can be used to fund running the server/domain etc

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”