Squid reports

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
Mustang38
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Squid reports

Post by Mustang38 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:04 pm

That's the best reply. Quick thinking 4liters. Since joining this forum I have been surprised at the amount of people who get on here and say my name is Fred were are the fish biting. I have found the members I have contacted to be extremely helpful. But when I see post like that I think to myself surely not. AGAIN!!
No fishing today but Hawks play Essendon shortly.
Cheers

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Mustang38 wrote:That's the best reply. Quick thinking 4liters. Since joining this forum I have been surprised at the amount of people who get on here and say my name is Fred were are the fish biting. I have found the members I have contacted to be extremely helpful. But when I see post like that I think to myself surely not. AGAIN!!
Cheers
I normally ignore them but maybe I was having a bad day that day lol. Its one thing to just jump on and start asking for advice, but when they come asking for something a google search would tell them in seconds I wonder if they could put in any less effort if they tried.
I like to think that the questions I ask (and I realise I ask a lot) are at least backed up by some of my own research, and that the forum is just a small part of finding the answer along with internet searches, manufacturer websites etc etc. At the end of the day it is a community not a magic 8 ball for every random that wants to catch a fish.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Some people never moved on from being spoon fed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

cahoona
Has liked: 15 times

Post by cahoona » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:46 pm

DSC_0627.JPG
DSC_0628.JPG
Went out Mordy on friday tried a few place bagged out not a bad day let another 13 go
DSC_0630.JPG

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:02 pm

Nice squid
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:56 pm

Went out with reel time fishing charters Sorrento area 3-6m I think water clarity started off pretty clear red foils did most of the damage. Broke my boating V's today very different experience neally put out bacon n eggs berly a couple of times! :puke: Great sesh anyway got onto a few, recommend reel time all day! :a_goodjob:
WP_20150627_001.jpg
You know what you'd rather be doinnnn

Mikii_v

Post by Mikii_v » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Lovely squiddies !!

I'm so jealous

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:43 pm

4liters wrote:
Mustang38 wrote:That's the best reply. Quick thinking 4liters. Since joining this forum I have been surprised at the amount of people who get on here and say my name is Fred were are the fish biting. I have found the members I have contacted to be extremely helpful. But when I see post like that I think to myself surely not. AGAIN!!
Cheers
I normally ignore them but maybe I was having a bad day that day lol. Its one thing to just jump on and start asking for advice, but when they come asking for something a google search would tell them in seconds I wonder if they could put in any less effort if they tried.
.....................................................................................................................................................................
Better off ignoring them! I remember the thread below as a classic example!
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8586&p=99954#p99954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It appears the 'newbie' was actually a current active member! Made an account to 'troll' for a reaction...and was successful!
If a newbie comes on and starts asking questions, they are either very selfish, new to forums and have no idea about etiquette or are 'trolls'! They will soon get the idea if they do not get a response. If they by chance have no idea of etiquette, then at least they may learn and stay with us. If they are selfish and receive no response and leave us, then who cares! If they are 'trolls' and you play the game with them, you lose! 8-)
Also,good to see some reports on here again.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Yesterday arvo, decided to put the tinnie in, looked at Olivers Hill, abit too rough, travelled south and finally decided to launch at Rye. The breeze was a bit fresh and blowing off shore.

We spent a couple of hours drifting for squid, I was using a sea anchor that had seen far better days to slow the drift.

We ended up with one squid for all our effort.

Today we launched about 0730 at Olivers hill, with barely a breath of breeze, so the drift was really slow. Took a fair while to find the jig colour that the squid would take, in over cast conditions. We ended up with 3, then the sun came out.

A few more jig changes to the White Sepia and we caught another 4.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:30 pm

Just gave the young bloke a bit of a schooling on how to catch squid.
25 to 3, his new million dollar egi rod has taken him backwards, poor bugga.

Released the smaller ones and came home with 18 totalling 4.1kg.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Return to “Squid Fishing”