Squid reports

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
ChrisTaylor
Has liked: 27 times

Re: Squid reports

Post by ChrisTaylor » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:40 pm

A feed. The two big ones are about to dive into a braising liquid of white wine and tomato, which I'll eventually add to pasta.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:42 pm

ChrisTaylor wrote:A feed. The two big ones are about to dive into a braising liquid of white wine and tomato, which I'll eventually add to pasta.
Sounds great mate. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Delirium
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Delirium » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:39 pm

ChrisTaylor wrote:I saw a couple of people bring in smaller squid but no one seemed to be doing especially well. I feel like watching people on piers, YouTube clips, etc have started to pay off.
Agreed. Was just around off the end of Mills and could only raise a couple in an hour or so. Interestingly the local dolphins were there in force around the harbour early on....I imagine the squid keep a low profile while that's going on. Was pretty cool though. They had bait all bailed up against the beach and slapping their tales on the water while the others terrorised them. I see them there regularly, but there was big numbers today.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 pm

For anyone looking for a land based squid spot I highly recommend Mornington pier. About half way down the pier, I've gone twice and bagged out both times with dad. They aren't very big there but they are perfect eating size ;-)

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:45 pm

barwonboy wrote:For anyone looking for a land based squid spot I highly recommend Mornington pier. About half way down the pier, I've gone twice and bagged out both times with dad. They aren't very big there but they are perfect eating size ;-)
nice how packed is the pier with people

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 pm

barwonboy wrote:For anyone looking for a land based squid spot I highly recommend Mornington pier. About half way down the pier, I've gone twice and bagged out both times with dad. They aren't very big there but they are perfect eating size ;-)
Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Ekaz3556

Post by Ekaz3556 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 pm

What colour was the jig you used mate or was it different colours each day ?
Thanks for sharing the info

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Ekaz3556 wrote:What colour was the jig you used mate or was it different colours each day ?
Thanks for sharing the info
I use the same jig everywhere I go and it works all the time I use a yamashita jig which I will leave a photo of , I use it in a 2.5 ounce version :cheers:
Attachments
IMG_3266.JPG

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:33 pm

dazz999 wrote:
nice how packed is the pier with people

It can be pretty packed but once you get a spot it's better off just staying in the one place as there's very few spots

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Here's the photo of the trip, I couldn't get all the squid in the photo as it wouldn't load
Attachments
IMG_0613.JPG

Return to “Squid Fishing”