Portsea Pier

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
keen.

Re: Portsea Pier

Post by keen. » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:05 pm

I am heading down to Blairgowrie, sorrento, portsea area now.If anyone is down that way come and say hi. I am tall with glasses and a black hat. I will nbe throwing squid jigs around.
Cheers,

Keen. (Carl)

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm about to head off in the same direction :-)

keen.

Post by keen. » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 pm

**** session. Nothing from sorrento or portsea. I did manage to catch some shark guts!?!?! Thought I was onto a nice squid until I realized I had hooked someone discarded shark inids. Also caught small octopus. Greedy bugger helped himself to 3.5 gancraft.
Cheers,

Keen. (Carl)

Brett

Post by Brett » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:07 pm

definatley a crap session, think I'm gonna go chase a few gummies for a change of pace, these squid are doing my head in at present.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:30 am

could it be because there are too much gars in the water that the squid are not hunting for a feed? They must be full and regularly munching on their food while sitting on their weed couch watching the footy.

Yesterday, I counted over 20 anglers in Rye pier all going for garfish and they all have the numbers in their buckets. - no squid.

In Mt Marths rocks, too many gars that you can walk on their backs - no squid.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Brett

Post by Brett » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:49 am

Fish-cador wrote:could it be because there are too much gars in the water that the squid are not hunting for a feed? They must be full and regularly munching on their food while sitting on their weed couch watching the footy.

Yesterday, I counted over 20 anglers in Rye pier all going for garfish and they all have the numbers in their buckets. - no squid.

In Mt Marths rocks, too many gars that you can walk on their backs - no squid.

Not sure, I know the squid started to show last week, as I got a few decent feeds and a heap of bait. Then it rained and I think that turned them off or sent them deeper. Hopefully this week of good weather will bring them back up in the shallows where I target them.

Return to “Squid Fishing”