Good Old Rye Pier 17 Jan 2015

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
paulpaciocco

Good Old Rye Pier 17 Jan 2015

Post by paulpaciocco » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:46 am

So, it was with great fondness that I drove down to good old Rye pier for some early morning fishing. Hadn't been for a fish there since I was a kid, as I used to go with the old man. I mostly launch off Western Port these days. But I digress...got down there at 6:30 am with the missus and her little 13 year old cousin who had yet to catch a fish in his entire life but was keen as mustard (the horror).

Dropped our gear about twenty metres from the end of the pier and we were away. Bait thieves out straight Away and after a couple of nibbles, the little Wrasse started going nuts. Cast a bit further out towards a sandy patch in search of flatties and they didn't disappoint! Ended up with five flatties all up, the largest coming in at 34cm. Best thing was watching the little fellas face light up with pride when he yanked the ugly little b@stard up onto the pier. Anyone would have thought he'd just caught a jewie haha

All the fish we caught were catch and release for another day :)

A few puffer fish and a very angry leather jacket later, we pulled up stumps and headed to George's fish and chips in Rosebud for a feed :)

Great day out, hope all of your weekend were the same!!!

Happy fishing :)

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Good Old Rye Pier 17 Jan 2015

Post by Brett » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:52 am

Great little read, sounds like a fun day out :thumbsup:

seephil
Has liked: 37 times

Post by seephil » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:12 am

Great job Paul. There's nothing better as a fisho to teach the next generation how to fish sensibly and the joy of fishing.
I've taken my niece out and nephew(4 yo and 7 yo) to catch their first fish(even though it was at a trout farm) and i know they couldn't stop talking about for weeks.

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:49 am

bait dont last long their at all we done any one getting onto and squid their
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

paulpaciocco

Post by paulpaciocco » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:11 pm

seephil wrote:Great job Paul. There's nothing better as a fisho to teach the next generation how to fish sensibly and the joy of fishing.
I've taken my niece out and nephew(4 yo and 7 yo) to catch their first fish(even though it was at a trout farm) and i know they couldn't stop talking about for weeks.
Mate, I agree with you 100%! I have a little half cabin which is my pride and joy, but getting back on the pier with a youngster was fantastic. When we got back to the house he couldn't stop showing pictures and talking about how hard the fish fought etc hahahaha great stuff! I find it absolutely heartbreaking that a lot of parents either do not have the time or desire to take their kids to wet a line.

Anyways mate, happy to carry the torch!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Rosebud to Sorrento/Portsea”