Sorrento Pier 28/02/16

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
Stevieboy

Sorrento Pier 28/02/16

Post by Stevieboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:46 am

Bit late on the post but report sucks anyway. Was fishing with the future father in law Sunday night down at Sorrento Pier thought we better get his new rod wet and try land a fish or two. Was there from 6:45pm-9:30 landed 1 small undersized pinkie for the night. There was about a 20 minute period where we kept getting bites non stop but as I said only landed the 1 pinkie :(.Pier was semi-full but everyone else seemed to be not having much luck either. Group of Asians on the far right next to us where after squid, they managed two nice sized squid and that was all. One other older couple pulled in banjo after banjo I would say without counting at least 5. Highlight of the night was helping out a young fella land a 40+cm Morwong. Somehow managed to net him after he had gone around the pier pylon 3 times. (Lucky bloke was set up with a whiting rig). Never seen a Morwong before but apparently that's what the group of Asians said it was as nobody else had a clue.

Cheers Steve.

Buckle&scream

Re: Sorrento Pier 28/02/16

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:13 am

Think the other name for morwong is a
Butterfish I think but I could be wrong, if so apparently there crap eating.. Better luck next time mate!

Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:20 am

Wouldn't have a clue mate I'm only new to fishing I'd never seen one before but looked it up on the Vic fishing app and it looked very similar to the grey type of fish under Morwong. Wasn't the prettiest fish but definitely had some size about it.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:58 am

Better than working

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:40 pm

100% agree BM can't catch fish if your rod isn't in the water :)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:28 pm

Stevieboy wrote:Bit late on the post but report sucks anyway. Was fishing with the future father in law Sunday night down at Sorrento Pier thought we better get his new rod wet and try land a fish or two. Was there from 6:45pm-9:30 landed 1 small undersized pinkie for the night. There was about a 20 minute period where we kept getting bites non stop but as I said only landed the 1 pinkie :(.Pier was semi-full but everyone else seemed to be not having much luck either. Group of Asians on the far right next to us where after squid, they managed two nice sized squid and that was all. One other older couple pulled in banjo after banjo I would say without counting at least 5. Highlight of the night was helping out a young fella land a 40+cm Morwong. Somehow managed to net him after he had gone around the pier pylon 3 times. (Lucky bloke was set up with a whiting rig). Never seen a Morwong before but apparently that's what the group of Asians said it was as nobody else had a clue.

Cheers Steve.
That's fishing mate. Hope you have better luck next time :)

Return to “Rosebud to Sorrento/Portsea”