Blairgowrie Pier 14/10/2012

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
SIKKO_X2

Blairgowrie Pier 14/10/2012

Post by SIKKO_X2 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Gday guys,
I went to blairgowrie pier yesterday at 5pm for an hour as the weather was fantastic, no wind, sun was out and water was as clear and smooth as glass.

There were lots of people on the pier targeting a range of species so it was hard to find a spot. Once i did i started casting my yamashita natural 2.5 squid jig in pilchard colour, after half an hour i managed 1 squid with a hood length of around 20cm, after another 20 minutes with no luck i changed to a darker squidjig which got me another squid that was slightly larger on first cast, unfortunately the sinker fell off the squidjig so i had to go back to lighter jigs as it was my only dark jig. I didnt see anybody else on the pier catching anything so it must have been my lucky day.

i left a few casts later, all in all it was a good session. the weather was fantastic and i went home with a nice feed of calamari :)

i also saw a school of salmon cruising around but i couldnt re rig my rod in enough time to get onto them

Timi200

Re: Blairgowrie Pier 14/10/2012

Post by Timi200 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Pretty good session you had their, unlucky u missed the school of salmon, just prepare a trace with a lure and a swivel so next time u see them just tye the knot and you'll get em and have a ball!

Return to “Rosebud to Sorrento/Portsea”