Yakka Help Please

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
LachyBell

Yakka Help Please

Post by LachyBell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:18 am

Im going all down the Mornington Peninsula basically from Flinders to Portsea and then from Portsea to Patterson River, Im also fishing Gunnamatta at about 4:00am for salmon. Where are good spots for yakkas atm, what lures or bait are they taking?

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Yakka Help Please

Post by CarlG » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:46 am

LachyBell wrote:Im going all down the Mornington Peninsula basically from Flinders to Portsea and then from Portsea to Patterson River, Im also fishing Gunnamatta at about 4:00am for salmon. Where are good spots for yakkas atm, what lures or bait are they taking?
Flinders pier.
Burley like a madman, little bits of chicken, or a sabiki jig. Remember, the rules say you can't bait up your sabiki jigs.....

LachyBell

Post by LachyBell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:53 am

CarlG wrote:
LachyBell wrote:Im going all down the Mornington Peninsula basically from Flinders to Portsea and then from Portsea to Patterson River, Im also fishing Gunnamatta at about 4:00am for salmon. Where are good spots for yakkas atm, what lures or bait are they taking?
Flinders pier.
Burley like a madman, little bits of chicken, or a sabiki jig. Remember, the rules say you can't bait up your sabiki jigs.....
Where on the pier should I go?

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 am

Flinders Pier. Don’t use a sabiki rig, they’re a ******* nightmare to deal with. Never seen something easily tangle so much in my life. Night time. Burley crazy, use a paternoster rig with small hooks, I use a Gamakatsu shiner 6, with little bits of pilchard.

LachyBell

Post by LachyBell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 am

STriplett1997 wrote:Flinders Pier. Don’t use a sabiki rig, they’re a ******* nightmare to deal with. Never seen something easily tangle so much in my life. Night time. Burley crazy, use a paternoster rig with small hooks, I use a Gamakatsu shiner 6, with little bits of pilchard.
End of the pier or front of it?
Also do I cast out far or just drop it down

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:04 pm

LachyBell wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:Flinders Pier. Don’t use a sabiki rig, they’re a ******* nightmare to deal with. Never seen something easily tangle so much in my life. Night time. Burley crazy, use a paternoster rig with small hooks, I use a Gamakatsu shiner 6, with little bits of pilchard.
Yakkas like structure and lights too, should be able to figure it out

LachyBell

Post by LachyBell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:51 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
LachyBell wrote:
Thanks man, also what tide should i go at or does it not matter

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:13 pm

LachyBell wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
LachyBell wrote:
Thanks man, also what tide should i go at or does it not matter
Not sure, i've just seen a report the last couple days of yakkas flinders pier nightime. just pick a spot and burley a **** ton, see if they come around. Also have a look at what others are doing etc..

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm

We use to do a paganoster rig under a bobby float with size 3 long shank hooks with a few split shots on the bottom for yakkas and slimies

Return to “Rosebud to Sorrento/Portsea”