Paynesville report.

ango

Paynesville report.

Post by ango » Fri May 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Managed to get the boat on the water last Monday 1/5/17. Had a good go at the flathead in Newlands Arm and Lake Wellington, just about cast my arm off, only ended up with one Dusky, but as always of late, plenty of Tailer around so I kept a couple for a feed, they are good eating if you bleed them & eat them fresh. Used soft plastics, the Tailer sure chop them up. Flathead was about 40cm, the Tailer are all about 30 -35 cm at the moment.
Cheers
Ango.

Nuscani

Re: Paynesville report.

Post by Nuscani » Mon May 08, 2017 12:37 pm

ango wrote:Managed to get the boat on the water last Monday 1/5/17. Had a good go at the flathead in Newlands Arm and Lake Wellington, just about cast my arm off, only ended up with one Dusky, but as always of late, plenty of Tailer around so I kept a couple for a feed, they are good eating if you bleed them & eat them fresh. Used soft plastics, the Tailer sure chop them up. Flathead was about 40cm, the Tailer are all about 30 -35 cm at the moment.
Cheers
Ango.
Decent report mate, how did you cook the Tailor?

ango

Post by ango » Sat May 27, 2017 4:31 pm

I crumb & fry the tailer, they taste better than aussie salmon & trevally, not as good as flatties or garfish, I might try smoking one, I think they could taste pretty good smoked, maybe someone has tried this?
Cheers
Ango

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Sounds like a nice day on the water. Good catch :thumbsup:

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:53 pm