Lakes Entrance Report

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Lakes Entrance Report

Post by smile0784 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:45 pm

re-tyred wrote:So a calm day at last. Crossed the bar when it was just light enough to see, at 5.30am. Decided to go out past the 6 mile to a bit of bottom about 8 mile off. Far Out charters came scooting past me as I crossed the bar. I am sure the punters on it thought there was a crazy man out in a tinny in the almost dark. He headed to a similar spot just a bit closer in.
First cast was as the sky was starting to red up, 10 minutes before sunrise. While I was baiting up the second rod, my first rod started nodding up and down. Two minutes later and the first pinky was on board. Followed up with another 6 over the next 15 minutes. Then it was all over.
Tried a few spots out there but zip so headed in closer and saw a nice show on a bit of hard bottom 5 miles from home. Managed a Jacket and 2 more pinkies. headed home and back at the ramp at 10am.. :water:
Well done will make a good feed

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:45 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Texas wrote:Good feed there for sure
When you say tinnie, how big is it ??
I think of 12ft when someone says tinnie.

Gra
4.3mtr 14ft in the old money.
On a good day something like this is all you need

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:06 am

Seals left me alone, but they can be a pain. They really hound the charter boats. Plague of them here these days. Doesn't seem to be anyway to discourage them, even wasabi in a fish doesn't stop them.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Added another 4 pinkies this morning . One just under 40cm, had to go in early to do some work. Flat calm again. Might go again tomorrow as the forecast is still pretty good.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Living the dream there retyred

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Check out the water temp. Up 2 deg in 3 days. The big ones will be on down the pipeline.
Attachments
Waves 16 oct.jpg
Waves 16 oct.jpg (126.12 KiB) Viewed 843 times

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Nice work mate. I worked in lakes today up the top of the hill. Had to stare at the ocean teasing me all day. Same again tomorrow.

re-tyred

Post by re-tyred » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Hosery wrote:Nice work mate. I worked in lakes today up the top of the hill. Had to stare at the ocean teasing me all day. Same again tomorrow.
Been a magic few days of weather. If you saw the Coast Guard vessel tow in another boat about 8-30am, I followed them in.

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:29 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Hosery wrote:Nice work mate. I worked in lakes today up the top of the hill. Had to stare at the ocean teasing me all day. Same again tomorrow.
Been a magic few days of weather. If you saw the Coast Guard vessel tow in another boat about 8-30am, I followed them in.
Na wasn't looking that closely. Did see a few boats out the front though. Seen farout was out the shelf yesterday and said water temp was 16.9 out there surely that same temp hasn't came in already. Last weekend sounder said 14.6 out the 6. Keen to get down the pipeline either way though!

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:03 pm

hi all
how do you think lakes will fish in a months time? planning to head down there at around Nov 18th. Might be land base unless we drag the yak down.
We thinking hitting Marlo first day, tyers and then Lakes entrance on the third day. This way we are getting closer to home and the drive isnt as hard on the last leg. good plan? or would there be better places to fish up that way in late nov?
thanks

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”