Venus bay Pippi`s

jasew3

Venus bay Pippi`s

Post by jasew3 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Good evening all
Was thinking of the drive to Venus Bay this weekend to collect sum pippis to freeze for bait. I know the regs are 2 litres per person etc. but just wanted sum info on how do u know the best beach ie number 1 or number 2 beach and so on, or is it just lucky dip. also are pippis a good bait in the tarwin river area or Mouth of the powlett or just stick to prawn and soft plastics around there. any info much appreciated.
regards Jase. :cheers: :water:

jasew3

Re: Venus bay Pippi`s

Post by jasew3 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Gday All
Well had 138 views on this topic and not one person told me not to go . So I did I made the 1 and a half drive from Paky and guess what ? Not one bloody pippi to find. Spoke to a few fishos down there and they reckon the Asians have absolutely hammered the beaches. I was told of another place to try as a few guys picked up their quota. Anyway atleast the kids had fun in the water though. If anyone wants to know the spot to find sum pippis just msg . cheers Jase.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:24 pm

Pity no one here was able to give up to date advice, at least it sounds like you got some in the end. Good on ya for offering to give others advice despite not getting much help yourself.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Do you only get them in the low tide and look out for the roots sticking out the sand?

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:19 pm

I haven't gone there for quite a while, but every time it has gotten worse. I didn't have a favorite beach i would try all of them.

Now I just buy pipi's from costco 12 bucks a KG for live pipi's that have been vac sealed.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Good idea there from coscto
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 pm

You shuffle your feet or toes in the sand to find them, don't know if it's the season for them ATM but last time I went there the shells were all over the beach and empty the birds eat the ones on top of the sand you need to look for the ones under the sand.

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:37 pm

For me that place is to far for not enough so I just buy them $9- per kg and they are very fresh ones I buy, when they start to defrost they start to come alive stretching out of there shells.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:29 pm

4-5 years ago me and my mate used to go there quite often and I never needed bait. Used to be plenty around and big ones too just at my feet which I used to use as bait and catch nice chunky salmons. It's a shame to hear it's become like this :(

Misheen

Post by Misheen » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:28 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:For me that place is to far for not enough so I just buy them $9- per kg and they are very fresh ones I buy, when they start to defrost they start to come alive stretching out of there shells.
"So they come alive after being frozen"

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”