Bemm River Report

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Bemm River Report

Post by skronkman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Reg's rest in the deep part of the channel is a good spot when the bream start to school up. They look amazing on a sounder when they group up for spawning. I did well there late last year but also didn't get onto any whoppers. I agree with purple that blades are the go there. They cast further, they get down faster and the bream seem to love them as much as a light weighted curl tail grub but you spend less time waiting to get down to where the fish are. Small size strike pro blade/vibe in black was doing the damage for me. Good to hear the flatties are about now the water has warmed up, I couldn't find a single one last trip! I'm hoping to get back up there next week.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Yes the water temperature was around 25 deg we went for a swim a couple of days when the fish slowed down. :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:07 pm

All good Steve, message OK
B.
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Fantastic flatty piture in the water...

Looks like a great trip away

Bm

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:04 pm

skronkman wrote:Reg's rest in the deep part of the channel is a good spot when the bream start to school up. They look amazing on a sounder when they group up for spawning. I did well there late last year but also didn't get onto any whoppers. I agree with purple that blades are the go there. They cast further, they get down faster and the bream seem to love them as much as a light weighted curl tail grub but you spend less time waiting to get down to where the fish are. Small size strike pro blade/vibe in black was doing the damage for me. Good to hear the flatties are about now the water has warmed up, I couldn't find a single one last trip! I'm hoping to get back up there next week.
I didn't even consider using vibes I have plenty in the tackle box as well I will give them a try next time. Good luck next week mate :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Post by GregExplores » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:13 pm

Blue wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:42 pm
G,day Steve, the long weekend in March (see post in bream master)
When the entrance is first opened it,s crazy up there,fish go berserk, some of our blokes had a ball surface fishing Bent Minnows while wading the flats,I bait fished and watched from a boat. Bream on the surface, you're kidding!
We fish all over the inlet, all along the Mahoganies is alwys a favourite as well as Bob,s Bay. Often just drift down the middle with Vibes, that,s the beauty of the place, so many options.
It fishes quite differently if there is tidal flow so will just keep fingers crossed.
How is Young Boony coming along, it,s quite a while since I first met you two at Coburg Lake,bet he,s an accomplished fisho by now.
Regards
Blue
Hi.

Just wondering, did coburg lake used to be good for fishing. I have been fishing there many times but have never got a bite. Thanks!

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:51 am

GregExplores wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:13 pm
Blue wrote:
When the entrance is first opened it,s crazy up there,fish go berserk, some of our blokes had a ball surface fishing Bent Minnows while wading the flats,I bait fished and watched from a boat. Bream on the surface, you're kidding!
We fish all over the inlet, all along the Mahoganies is alwys a favourite as well as Bob,s Bay. Often just drift down the middle with Vibes, that,s the beauty of the place, so many options.
It fishes quite differently if there is tidal flow so will just keep fingers crossed.
How is Young Boony coming along, it,s quite a while since I first met you two at Coburg Lake,bet he,s an accomplished fisho by now.
Regards
Blue
Hi.

Just wondering, did coburg lake used to be good for fishing. I have been fishing there many times but have never got a bite. Thanks!
The carp cull in 2015 produced no fish
They are there
Like the world renowned TNA, use bread
People feed the ducks and the carp get the leftovers
Put a bait on the bottom and feed the ducks, maybe the carp know that there's food under those ducks.
Be prepared to unhook a duck or 2
Cheers Gra

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Post by GregExplores » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Texas wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:51 am
GregExplores wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:13 pm
Blue wrote:
Regards
Blue
Hi.

The carp cull in 2015 produced no fish
They are there
Like the world renowned TNA, use bread
People feed the ducks and the carp get the leftovers
Put a bait on the bottom and feed the ducks, maybe the carp know that there's food under those ducks.
Be prepared to unhook a duck or 2
Cheers Gra
Thanks! Is the main lake a good spot to fish or the creek? apparently people have caught eel there as well

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:24 pm

From memory there's a small rapid into the lake
Fish below that
That said, I'm no expert

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”