Inverloch - 8/09 - AM

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Inverloch - 8/09 - AM

Post by StarrangerAU » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:00 pm

With my fishing record of late showing very poor form in the southern coastline regions I thought to give Inverloch a shot on Saturday morning. Missus was doing a night shift so I could leave well and early without a bother, so I left Melb at 3.30am to arrive at 5. Arrived to find clear skies, stars out, 5degrees, almost zero wind....and blessed quiet. For any landbased fishos that aren't shy of a small drive beyond WPB, make a stop at Inverloch, you'll be glad you did.

Now I've fished the Inverloch jetty a couple of times before and I know it has a wicked strong current, and can be prone to weed, usually more on the out-going tide though. So I parked myself at the lee end of the jetty to cast with the incoming tide, rigged 4oz heavy on the large rod, and only 2 oz on the tiddlers, and waited. The sun starts breaching the horizon and theres been nothing, or nothing worth mentioning, so pretty soon I am cursing my luck again. At least no banjos !!

By about 7am, its time to change tactics, instead of 3 pato's, I rig a float on one rod, and a running sinker setup on another, plus throwing out some berly peĺets might help. As the sun rose higher, the tap taps start pinging the rods and it looks like there might be action after all. Small salmons, not worth keeping....the tactics are not helping, so i switch back.

8am rocks around, and my drought finally breaks, a 30cm salmon, not a biggie, but a keeper. 20 mins later the tiddler bends in half... a great battle ensues and I'm rewarded with a PB 45cm trevally, another keeper. The mornings success continues through to 10am with three more salmon, one being 45cm..a PB, and plus a 40. Whilst I am ahead, and feeling pretty chuffed, I decide to pull up stumps, mainly because I have enough to feed for the week. Small wonders, the drive home was a little happier than usual :-D . Happy Days!

All fish caught on lightweight, single pato rig, with pillies, wiith pellet berly
PB Trevally 45cm PB Salmon 45cm
Arr 5am
Low tide 3am
Wind 0
Temp 5
High tide 10.30am
Dep 11am
Attachments
IMG_7604.jpg
IMG_7608.JPG
IMG_7606.jpg

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Inverloch - 8/09 - AM

Post by purple5ive » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Well done mate. Next time the salmon are going like that try using a lure. A soft plastic or a metal.slug. they will take them.if they are feeding and it's a lot.more fun than baitfishing..

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:22 pm

That’s a nice report and pics mate.
Well done with the catch and congrats on the PB!
Enjoy the feed :thumbsup:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Great read water condition looks awesome

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Well done on pb

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”