Welshpool 25/11 - Sunday mixed bag

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Welshpool 25/11 - Sunday mixed bag

Post by Kimtown » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:27 pm

After reading Scott hennings report the other day r.e welshpool I was inspired to go chase some gippsland reds myself.

Got on the water about 1pm after a bit of a late start due to not feeling so well from last nights antics :tongue: plan was to get a few squid then head to Singapore deep where I've heard a few reports of snapper caught. Plan was going swimingly with a few quick and easy squid almost straight away. Then went to head to Singapore deep and noticed my sounder wasnt working.. After a while stuffing around with it I bit the bullet and decided I'll go the old fashion method of picking a spot in the channel and burelying for snapper.. unfortunately we couldn't manage any snapper but did get some flathead and a gurnard type creature which the old man likes.

The current started to run a bit hard for our light gear so we went back and got a few more squid for the table, a whiting and called it a day. Fun little day just catching the squid. We got a decent feed for around 5 hours effort. Was pretty much glassed out all day.

Got my sounder working right at the end of the day too :( some idiot forgot to check to see if the transducer was plugged in :rofl: if I had my time over again I'd probably head up the Franklin channel and sound around up there.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Welshpool 25/11 - Sunday mixed bag

Post by Lightningx » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Nice mixed bag there!
Enjoy the feed mate :thumbsup:

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Good stuff kimtown
Nice feed there
Cheers Gra

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Nice one, was a great day on the water down there today. Though it was horrible offshore!

The big yank flathead have shown up as well now, and the snapper have moved to the entrance now, most fish being caught top of Singapore deep and bouy 6

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:46 pm

Great report...nice way to nurse a hangover (& good tips thankyou Mr Henning)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:24 am

Kimtown wrote:After reading Scott hennings report the other day r.e welshpool I was inspired to go chase some gippsland reds myself.

Got on the water about 1pm after a bit of a late start due to not feeling so well from last nights antics :tongue: plan was to get a few squid then head to Singapore deep where I've heard a few reports of snapper caught. Plan was going swimingly with a few quick and easy squid almost straight away. Then went to head to Singapore deep and noticed my sounder wasnt working.. After a while stuffing around with it I bit the bullet and decided I'll go the old fashion method of picking a spot in the channel and burelying for snapper.. unfortunately we couldn't manage any snapper but did get some flathead and a gurnard type creature which the old man likes.

The current started to run a bit hard for our light gear so we went back and got a few more squid for the table, a whiting and called it a day. Fun little day just catching the squid. We got a decent feed for around 5 hours effort. Was pretty much glassed out all day.

Got my sounder working right at the end of the day too :( some idiot forgot to check to see if the transducer was plugged in :rofl: if I had my time over again I'd probably head up the Franklin channel and sound around up there.

To many Breezers bro.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:50 am

/\ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:27 pm

FFS wankers dont spam my reports with your bull!! Bunch of hero's bet you wouldn't say it to my face you keyboard heroes etc etc

Mods mods mods!!

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:18 pm

Kimtown wrote:FFS wankers dont spam my reports with your bull!! Bunch of hero's bet you wouldn't say it to my face you keyboard heroes etc etc

Mods mods mods!!
Long way to go for squid n flatty, surly you could of caught similar or better in wp.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 pm

bowl wrote:
Kimtown wrote:FFS wankers dont spam my reports with your bull!! Bunch of hero's bet you wouldn't say it to my face you keyboard heroes etc etc

Mods mods mods!!
Long way to go for squid n flatty, surly you could of caught similar or better in wp.
long way?? man this guy travelled to fiji for ******* donuts :rofl: welshpool is nothing compared to that :o_0:

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”