Paynesville report

ango

Paynesville report

Post by ango » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi All,

I have been staying in Paynesville for a few days and today I finally got the chance to get out for a fish. I tried every SP in the tackle box and all the spots that have produced in the past plus a few new ones that looked fishy for good measure. Not a bite all day! I think my casting arm is going to fall off, hopefully there is enough strength to lift a stubby (or two) up to my parched lips, just popped one now, wow, that's refreshing! I have never seen it so quiet here, I know the area well and it usually produces, even if only a tailer or two for a bit of excitement, maybe the fish are all spooked with all the holiday crowds? Hopefully next time will be better.

Cheers
Ango.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Paynesville report

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:49 pm

You get those days!
Sounds like after an all day session you deserve a cold one or 2.
Better luck next time :thumbsup:

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 pm

A mate of mine fished duck arm last weekend and got a few flatties. He did say it was fairly slow though. Might be worth a try if you haven’t already

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Bigger it sucks when can't get a fish
Keep it up tho

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Sometimes on days like that I imagine big fish just sitting there watching my sp go wiggling past them saying to each other "for crying out loud, not another one of those stupid things, a pink minnow, as if!" :-D
Better luck next time mate.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:54 am

I never hear of anyone doing well there. Seems overfished like lakes entrance

aoushman

Post by aoushman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 am

Hi Everyone

I have been in Paynesville on holiday for the past week. First couple of days, used soft plastics around jetties on the main drag and canals late arvo til dark, not a touch.

Last couple of days fished the Mitchell at the Grassy Bank with unweighted sandworm and caught 6 bream ranging from 26-36cms. Also took a 43cm flathead on local frozen prawn fishing the lake side of the Silt Jetties near the area of the Two Bells. Dropped a huge bream at the same spot well over 40cms on frozen prawn.

Locals have all said that the moment they get any fresh water, the bream in the Mitchell will go nuts.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:11 am

Good on ya mate keep it up

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:21 am

aoushman wrote:Hi Everyone

I have been in Paynesville on holiday for the past week. First couple of days, used soft plastics around jetties on the main drag and canals late arvo til dark, not a touch.

Last couple of days fished the Mitchell at the Grassy Bank with unweighted sandworm and caught 6 bream ranging from 26-36cms. Also took a 43cm flathead on local frozen prawn fishing the lake side of the Silt Jetties near the area of the Two Bells. Dropped a huge bream at the same spot well over 40cms on frozen prawn.

Locals have all said that the moment they get any fresh water, the bream in the Mitchell will go nuts.
Nice flattie :thumbsup:

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:46 pm

bit late but if you go next time bring a pair of sunnies and walk up and down the jetties looking under the boats till you see a school of bream.
I did this on raymond island side and saw a few schools here and there but only caught on the last night i was there on how to catch them,
Once you see them chuck down a few prawns and then chuck a prawn on a weightless hook.

Hopefully the picture uploaded properly. But this was one of the thumpers i caught and released. Not sure how big as i forgot the measuring tape. Thought i was going to lose it in the pylons
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”