Donut Kings and a broken rod

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Re: Donut Kings and a broken rod

Post by Bayrock » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Beast rods those Assassins. They make great light spin & beach rods too.
Frank is a great local resource. Excellent knowledge of LB fishing and well-stocked with quality gear.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:56 am

Bayrock wrote:Beast rods those Assassins. They make great light spin & beach rods too.
Frank is a great local resource. Excellent knowledge of LB fishing and well-stocked with quality gear.
The 963 i've got rated to 90g put a busted 75 into the opposite wall of Port Campbell harbour from the pier on 12lb tasline. Maps tells me it's 143 metres.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:42 pm

DougieK wrote:
Bayrock wrote:Beast rods those Assassins. They make great light spin & beach rods too.
The 963 i've got rated to 90g put a busted 75 into the opposite wall of Port Campbell harbour from the pier on 12lb tasline. Maps tells me it's 143 metres.
what only 143 meter,s did you look down when casting nah great distance marvel stadium is a bit over 159 meter,s how do you use maps to see the distance

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:03 pm

DougieK wrote:
Wow that's some range for a 75

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Sorry for your loss
Rip fav rod

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Bayrock wrote:
DougieK wrote:
Wow that's some range for a 75
The 12lb tasline i'm casting is probably the best casting braid i've ever come across and that was it's first adventure. Casting off Sorrento jetty last night with an extremely significant tailwind, I put a 75g 140 turns of a biomaster 5000. The retrieve distance is 105cm per turn, take into about the bow in the line it's about right.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”