Lakes Entrance

SLE355
Has liked: 1 time

Lakes Entrance

Post by SLE355 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Hired a boat yesterday and did alright, 5 whiting and 3 flathead.

Any advice for LB spots around lakes, a lot of toads around it seems? Will try Eastern beach once the wind dies down.

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Re: Lakes Entrance

Post by tbcha1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Hopefully someone who has been up that way recently will get back to you but if not you can try these couple places we had luck before but
this was years ago. We fished at the beach just outside 2 Clara St. Google map it and you will see a beach just in front of it. Got on to some decent bream and flatties. But for some reason was only good in the morning and they bites were very light. Was surprised with the size of the fish when i hooked on to them. Other spot was at the beach at the end of Capes rd where we got on to some bream. But like i said this was years ago. But those spots were great for us. Clara st beach is pretty big so you can bring a bunch of stuff and setup there and relax. But can get really weedy.

But i do remember a report a month ago of someone catching a decent size flatty at that estuary bit at Eastern Beach

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:41 pm

There seems to always be fish and salmons off the beach. I've fished eastern beach and always caught salmons there. Haven't been there recently.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:16 pm

thats not bad for a meal

SLE355

Post by SLE355 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:19 pm

tbcha1 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:23 pm
Hopefully someone who has been up that way recently will get back to you but if not you can try these couple places we had luck before but
this was years ago. We fished at the beach just outside 2 Clara St. Google map it and you will see a beach just in front of it. Got on to some decent bream and flatties. But for some reason was only good in the morning and they bites were very light. Was surprised with the size of the fish when i hooked on to them. Other spot was at the beach at the end of Capes rd where we got on to some bream. But like i said this was years ago. But those spots were great for us. Clara st beach is pretty big so you can bring a bunch of stuff and setup there and relax. But can get really weedy.

But i do remember a report a month ago of someone catching a decent size flatty at that estuary bit at Eastern Beach
Thanks, looking at google maps, are you able to park at the end of Capes Rd and walk down to the beach. That’s in the Northern Arm yeah?

Going to try Eastern beach tomorrow. Went down to the jetty at Kalimna Rd and walked along the path there and got two nice Leatherjacket.

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:54 pm

SLE355 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Thanks, looking at google maps, are you able to park at the end of Capes Rd and walk down to the beach. That’s in the Northern Arm yeah?

Going to try Eastern beach tomorrow. Went down to the jetty at Kalimna Rd and walked along the path there and got two nice Leatherjacket.
yeah its like parking outside someones house in a street. It is on Northern Arm. You will walk through a bit of bushy area and then jump down to the sandy beach bit. Its not very big from what i remember. Also i did better at Clara st back then.

e.welch

Post by e.welch » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:47 am

if you have a kayak try using that

SLE355

Post by SLE355 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:26 am

Made it to Eastern Beach yesterday, 4 salmon and a mullet.

Back on a boat today.

e.welch

Post by e.welch » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:32 am

cool tell us what u catch

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:46 am

SLE355 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:26 am
Made it to Eastern Beach yesterday, 4 salmon and a mullet.

Back on a boat today.
are you using a hire boat mate? if you have some diving hardbody lures try trolling them behind the boat in the channel, you might get some salmon or tailor.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”