Has liked: 1 time

Re: Shallow Inlet Fishing

Post by rickdor » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:52 am

croe04 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:11 pm
rickdor wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:00 pm
Hi All,

I am new to the site, I hope you can give me some tips along the way.

I will be going for 4 nights to Sandy Point next week for the first time and am wondering what the fishing will be like in the colder months in Shallow Inlet
I have seen that there is plenty of whiting and yabbies to pump for bait in summer but I'm guessing that in winter it will be a bit harder to catch bait/whiting.
I will be going with a kayak on the roof, but I'm not to comfortable fishing from it just yet so will be trying from shore as well.

Regards,
Rickdor
Welcome to the site mate!

I'm not sure about how the season affects bait pumping, but if you can, get yabbies, all the fish in the inlet love them. If you can't, the general store in sandy point sells frozen bait and tackle so try some pipis or squid. You could also try flicking some metal spinners around for salmon near the mouth of the inlet around high tide. Better yet, wait for a big southerly wind and chuck spinners along the beach. Good luck

cheers

croe
Thanks Croe04

I'm guessing that my best bet will be for salmon but will definitely give the yabbies a try and see if there are some other species around.

Catch you later

JackHalion

Re: Shallow Inlet Fishing

Post by JackHalion » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:11 pm

As anyone seen any squid or caught any squid at the inlet?

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”