Venus Bay/Anderson inlet

FishHunter81

Venus Bay/Anderson inlet

Post by FishHunter81 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi guys. I'm going to inverloch for a few nights during school holidays and have a fees Qs regarding fishing the area. Firstly with Venus bay surf fishing, is there a particular wind that makes it more difficult to get the baits into the fish zones?
And secondly with the Anderson inlet and inverloch jetty is it more preferable to fish high tide or low? I've heard people say low is good for gummies as you can get into the channel gutter when land based. Any tips appreciated
Cheers

AE092
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Venus Bay/Anderson inlet

Post by AE092 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:39 am

We were there a few weeks ago and caught a couple of sambos from beach 4 on dusk. There have been reports of decent fish to 1-2kg around beach 1. We were spinning off the beach using 15-25gm slugs. We did try at the entrance of Anderson inlet on incoming tide and a mate caught one salmon around 1.5kg, fat and full of baitfish.

We tried pensioners point and caught some small KGW on squid, low tide seems to be the most effective.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:54 am

We were there about a month ago now and fished from beach number 1 at Venus bay.
Fished late arvo the day we arrived and I caught a few salmon spinning 40g metals on the left side of the car park. Used those for bait for a gummy that evening with no luck.
The next morning walked about 500m to the left to get away from the surfers and the few other fishos and did alright with the salmons. We fished around the high tide.

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:35 am

For Anderson Inlet and the Inverloch Jetty I have found the 45mins + either side of the tide turns most productive for Salmons and Trevelly (at this time of the year). The body of water in this area can move wicked fast on a big tide, so you should do better as it reaches its peak or at towards the bottom end. Other wise, if the weed is not around, I generally prefer the run in tide. In my opinion, if the weed is around, you may as well go home.

I have posted a few reports during the past year for Inverloch / Anderson, you might get something out of them... or not :-).

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:23 am

I would head to Port Welshpool pier. Fishing in Anderson's Inlet has been terrible this year.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:48 am

frozenpod wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:23 am
I would head to Port Welshpool pier. Fishing in Anderson's Inlet has been terrible this year.
Not enough flow down the Tarwin. There's still been plenty if Perch around though

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”