Re: EP's In The Swamp

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 pm

cobby wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:14 pm
Texas wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:30 pm
cobby wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:40 pm
Head back in spring or summer if there's enough water about and throw surface lures at dusk, just watch out for snakes of which there was plenty when I was in that area
Summer, swamp, dusk- MOSQUITOES as big as a Cessna
Drain an infant's blood in 5 seconds
80% bushmans gel on face, neck and back of the hands with the rest clothed. Haven't ever had a mozzie, sandfly or leech problem
didnt even know you can get 80% DEET :o_0:
i remember getting eaten alive at a system further along the coast. wasnt enough light to launch and i didnt want to take chances being a new to me ramp.

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Hard and good work there Whiskers!

bilby

Post by bilby » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:12 pm

I love this post - this is the sort of fishing exploration that is really exciting when you have the time and breathing space to try ...

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Whiskers » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:19 pm

bilby wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:12 pm
I love this post - this is the sort of fishing exploration that is really exciting when you have the time and breathing space to try ...
Thanks Bilby. This is one of the perks for being retired, you have time to try this sort of stuff.

Re some of the comments on mozzies, snakes and other assorted nasties. There's plenty of them in the swamps. You just have to be a bit careful and look after yourself the best you can.

The things that always give me the heebie jeebies are the big black goanna's. Some of them are 2mtrs plus.
:o_0:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:33 pm

Whiskers wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:19 pm

The things that always give me the heebie jeebies are the big black goanna's. Some of them are 2mtrs plus.
im assuming you have jesus like powers and can walk on water when such a beast makes an appearance?
**** dat for a joke, the eps can go **** themselves ill happily catch toadies all day than deal with lizards the size of cows :banana:

GusG
Has liked: 41 times

Post by GusG » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:22 am

Great session mate, it is always good to get out and find somewhere new. Both things that concerned me as I read your post have been mentioned - mozzies and snakes. I hate snakes!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 am

Hey Whiskers
Completely understand if you want to keep your swamp locations concealed, but being a Gippsland boy it does interest me. Don't do much fresh water fishing but wouldn't mind it when conditions on the salt don't suit. If you ever want a fishing partner down this way just lmk!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:00 am

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:33 pm
Whiskers wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:19 pm

im assuming you have jesus like powers and can walk on water when such a beast makes an appearance?
**** dat for a joke, the eps can go **** themselves ill happily catch toadies all day than deal with lizards the size of cows :banana:
I think it is just as dangerous in our "Civilised' environment , , , , thieves, criminals, one punch heroes, dangerous drivers , , , , let's not forget , , , , insurance personnel, car saleman, lawyers etc etc

I prefer nature , , , , you know what to look out for there

Lawyer.PNG

Cheers, Bug , , , , and again, a different Bug family :-D

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 am
Hey Whiskers
Completely understand if you want to keep your swamp locations concealed, but being a Gippsland boy it does interest me. Don't do much fresh water fishing but wouldn't mind it when conditions on the salt don't suit. If you ever want a fishing partner down this way just lmk!
Gippsland is a bloody big area and theres a shitload of estuaries that hold EP's. Lure casting is one of my favourite styles of fishing and I would rate EP's and Bass a better sports fish requiring more skill as an angler than a lot of the Salt species on offer pelagic species aside.

If my memory serves me right Blue Rock lake is right on your doorstep you could easily fish that on your jet ski just don't be like a lot of FWits that are visiting the lake that feel the need to race around exceeding the speed limits.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:06 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:28 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 am
Hey Whiskers
Gippsland is a bloody big area and theres a shitload of estuaries that hold EP's. Lure casting is one of my favourite styles of fishing and I would rate EP's and Bass a better sports fish requiring more skill as an angler than a lot of the Salt species on offer pelagic species aside.

If my memory serves me right Blue Rock lake is right on your doorstep you could easily fish that on your jet ski just don't be like a lot of FWits that are visiting the lake that feel the need to race around exceeding the speed limits.
It is indeed.
Does Blue Rock hold EP's or Aussie Bass? I confuse them at times tbh, I would have thought no EP's as it's pure fresh water?

Have been in there with my ski on its first test run. Can confirm it would be amazing for fishing in there... may or may not have been a **** wit exceeding the speed limit up in the back waters. :(

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”