Inverloch/Venus Bay July 9-10

FishHunter81

Inverloch/Venus Bay July 9-10

Post by FishHunter81 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:10 pm

Hi guys. Just got back from inverloch and Venus bay. Went early yesterday morning and arrived at inverloch jetty at 7am. Pier looked a bit busier than I expected for winter and thought there must be fish around. I was right. Trevally madness! They pretty much fired from when I got there until 11ish. Landed 11 of good size smallest 25cm largest close to 40cm. Everyone was catching them.

Decided to then go to Maher's landing for 30 min. Nothing. Then went across to Venus bay. Booked my accommodation and then checked out the surf beaches. No obvious gutters and swell was bad. Didn't put too much attention and just went and chilled for a bit. On dusk headed to Doyle's rd on Venus bay side. Managed two good size mullet.

Next day headed back to inverloch for morning session. Managed 3 more good sized trevally. Helped out a mother and her two kids make paternoster rigs as they kept getting snagged with running sinkers. They then managed to catch a trevally so was pretty happy for them. Came home and washed up.
Sorry I took photos but the jpg are not loading

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”