Tough trip to Tyers

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Re: Tough trip to Tyers

Post by Tim399 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Stayed at the trident arm campground, very nice spot with a great view of the night sky. Theres also a boat launch and LB options about a 5 minute walk from the campsite too. Paddling through the arms was great, there was practically no wind on the second day so slowly drifting along the glassy water was awesome, especially as the sun was going down and casting orange rays through the trees. I reckon the hobies would have made life much easier, but the little sit on tops were good fun too. I've heard the fishing turns on during the warmer months so it could be well worth another crack.
[/quote]

Do you think a caravan would get into trident arm camp ground out of peak season? glassed out conditions are always special when it’s in a new location, it makes it easier to take in your surroundings without battling the wind. I’m thinking of heading there in February once the school holiday rush has passed, with the PA14

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:41 pm
Do you think a caravan would get into trident arm camp ground out of peak season? glassed out conditions are always special when it’s in a new location, it makes it easier to take in your surroundings without battling the wind. I’m thinking of heading there in February once the school holiday rush has passed, with the PA14
There was a family who drove in with a caravan and stayed for a night, they seemed to get in and out fine but there are a number ditches and potholes you'll need to circumvent on the track, could be a lot more difficult in wetter weather, the audi handled it pretty well though. The only people in the campground the pretty much the entire time were us and another family so if you beat the holiday rush I reckon you'll be good as its decently spacious.
If the track becomes inaccessible or its too crowded there is the glasshouse campground down the road which is a lot bigger and easier to get a caravan into. You should have a great time with the PA14.

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Post by Tim399 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:03 am

croe04 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:56 pm
Tim399 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:41 pm
There was a family who drove in with a caravan and stayed for a night, they seemed to get in and out fine but there are a number ditches and potholes you'll need to circumvent on the track, could be a lot more difficult in wetter weather, the audi handled it pretty well though. The only people in the campground the pretty much the entire time were us and another family so if you beat the holiday rush I reckon you'll be good as its decently spacious.
If the track becomes inaccessible or its too crowded there is the glasshouse campground down the road which is a lot bigger and easier to get a caravan into. You should have a great time with the PA14.
That’s some great info, thank you very much Croe :tu:

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”