KGW Gippsland Lakes

Paulanderson
Has liked: 63 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes

Post by Paulanderson » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:03 pm

Just had a chat to one of the fisheries inspectors that had been checking boats today in the usual whiting spots. A short version of his response was "what whiting!". None of the many boats checked had caught a KGW. Little motivation to put the boat in at present!

Paulanderson

Post by Paulanderson » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:09 am

Two KGW trips during the last fortnight. Trip 1 ended up with a few small school whiting across from Nungurner. Trip 2 was saved by a 52 cm Flathead on a piece of prawn on a KGW rig. Also 2 Salmon and one very small KGW. One day!!!!! Sat evening I somehow slipped getting into my car on a gravel driveway - just waiting to hear if it is a fracture or just badly strained. No fishing for the next week or two.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Post by Tackleberry » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:11 pm

Bad news Paul get well soon
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Paulanderson

Post by Paulanderson » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:49 pm

Thanks Tackleberry -shoulder issues are quite painful sad to say.

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:55 pm

Yes they are I have one as well ...... a Rotator cuff
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:15 pm

I went south side of Flanagan at daylight this morning. Just one 40cm KGW. No other bites. I don't think they are coming to visit this year.
6 Flatties and 2 large pinkies offshore on Sunday. Looks like it is going to be an offshore summer.
Few prawns around in the lake so they are worth a go.
Water temp is over 18c so time to try for a kingfish.
Salmon are thick around the entrance at slack water.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Tackleberry

Post by Tackleberry » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:40 pm

A king fish was cought down near the foot bridge about 65cm .
And I was out on Sunday as well we got a feed of flattys and leather jacket and about 3 buckets of Gurnard I thi k the most valuable tool in the boat is the flatty flipper

JackDaniels61
Has liked: 12 times

Post by JackDaniels61 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:18 pm

Thanks to all for your reports. I am an avid reader but a beginner fisher and boater. I always though boating was meant to be relaxing but at the ramp Sunday morning with a lot of boats I didn't feel relaxed. Needless to say we got on the water on Friday and Sunday. We fished on salted pipi and prawn for 2 undersize KGW that went back, both taken on the runout around Nungurner. Plenty of pest fish and 2 x salmon. Travelled back to Melbourne with the hope of a more profitable outcome next visit.

Thanks again for the posts and envy those in Lakes Entrance on a regular basis as its a lovely spot. Hope fully once I gain some confidence I'll venture outside to 6 mile but I believe that will be a way off.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:14 am

JackDaniels61 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:18 pm
Thanks to all for your reports. I am an avid reader but a beginner fisher and boater. I always though boating was meant to be relaxing but at the ramp Sunday morning with a lot of boats I didn't feel relaxed. Needless to say we got on the water on Friday and Sunday. We fished on salted pipi and prawn for 2 undersize KGW that went back, both taken on the runout around Nungurner. Plenty of pest fish and 2 x salmon. Travelled back to Melbourne with the hope of a more profitable outcome next visit.

Thanks again for the posts and envy those in Lakes Entrance on a regular basis as its a lovely spot. Hope fully once I gain some confidence I'll venture outside to 6 mile but I believe that will be a way off.
I love lakes entrance I go there to catch fish not available around Melbourne, the whiting fishing around Melbourne is awesome right now if that's what you're after

JackDaniels61
Has liked: 12 times

Post by JackDaniels61 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:40 pm

Will try to get out in WPB over the next week or so Fishnut. Can you suggest anywhere in particular I should start?

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”