KGW Gippsland Lakes

Geoffski
Has liked: 73 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes

Post by Geoffski » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:21 am

JackDaniels61 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:40 pm
Will try to get out in WPB over the next week or so Fishnut. Can you suggest anywhere in particular I should start?
Tooradin channel and any channels around the three way junction (see attached map Tooradin is top right, 3 way is bottom left) you can see a few of my marks but they don't really matter what is important is to drop the pick on the drop off 6-8m with the tide running (tide must be running) if there is any wind make sure tide and wind are the same direction. Image
Attachments
67DDC4DD-5B57-4E16-9F76-BC6D42634007.png

JackDaniels61
Has liked: 12 times

Post by JackDaniels61 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:12 pm

Thanks. Most appreciated.

Pirkz
Has liked: 229 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes - Welcome Back

Post by Pirkz » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:32 pm

Returned from a few months in a not so sunny Europe last week and headed out today more out of curiosity rather than expectation as little reported on this forum. So with the threat of chicken for T once again I dusted off the rain jacket and armed with the usual suspect selection of rods i.e Float, paternoster and running trace rigged 9 footers, headed out to last years stomping ground...see previous posts for some hints ha ha . Just lost a long post so to keep this short story short ......I shall be brief - which makes a change. Wind, rain, cloudy water, and a selection of random spots resulted in a good start..as 4 hrs in had technically bagged out - though threw 5 x 32 cm back and came home with the rest. Another boat out had the same result albeit between 3 of em. Good start to the KGW season and woolies prawns (currently of offer @$15 kg) did the damage.
Tight Lines
Pirkz
Attachments
KGW1 26 Nov wollaston2.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:30 am

Very nice mate 😃
Well done.
Cheers 👍🏻

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:16 pm

We stepped in at Lakes on the way to mallacoota for the Vic bream Grand final.
Tried for some whiting on lures, few dropped fish and couple of bream as bycatch.
Seems like they are just starting to come in now..

Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:50 am

I hope I'm wrong but with all the rain we have and are still to get I think the ting will be very quiet .
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Pirkz

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes-Wollaston

Post by Pirkz » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:11 am

Fished Tuesday for nowt and again on Friday ...for a lone crab! So undeterred and with the wind abated albeit briefly, I went across to Wollaston at 5pm last night and on the 7th move found a few. 4 KGW to 40 in an hour and that was that. Fished in 2m over weed and caught 2 on the float and 2 on a paternoster dropped just over the back of the boat. All on prawn.
Tight Lines.
Pirkz

Pirkz

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes -Billy No Mayts

Post by Pirkz » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:29 pm

Launched around 7.30 this morning and headed out across a calm lake to the Wollaston area once again. Used similar tactics to the above post and after a slow start involving the usual mandatory moves ended up with 8 in a couple of hrs in one spot and 2 more over the next hr or so from different spots. Viscous takes of the paternostered prawn resulted in a couple of escapees as I had forgotten to lock the backwind after playing a couple of fish to the net previously and the hook didnt set despite the reel backwinding like mad on the bite. Lesson learned and the next few fish basically hooked themselves with the rod in a holder with the backwind locked and the drag loosened a bit. I used 2 rods but in retropsect would have done just as well if not better focusing on just one. Good size with 4 @42 , 3 @ 40 and the rest upwards of 36 of so. Nobody else about although an Interstate couple who had come down to buy my Fishabout came over for an hour to say G'day but blanked only 20 m away! And yes wind permitting I shall be out there again tomorrow morning for a few hours.
Tight Lines
Pirkz
Attachments
10xKGW 13 DEC.jpg

Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Post by Tackleberry » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:26 pm

Pirkz how did you go
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Pirkz

Post by Pirkz » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:27 pm

Didnt get out on Thu but went out this morning for 3 hrs. Same area and tactics, a dozen moves but not a bite! Difference being there was no tide effect today. Dropping the anchor was an exercise in .....Errr .. exercise and not global positioning - only drift was from a light breeze. 2 other boats in the Bay so maybe they did a bit better though looking at the number of moves they made I doubt it.But thats fishing and there is always tomorrow and the next day...
Pirkz

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”