KGW Gippsland Lakes

Paulanderson
Has liked: 63 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes

Post by Paulanderson » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:02 am

Sorry I do not have a brag mat but on the gunnel I have a fisheries length sticker. As I was on my own a pic on the sticker was not an option.
Attachments
72CM FLATHEAD 3.jpg

Paulanderson
Has liked: 63 times

Post by Paulanderson » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:30 am

Well two more KGW trips since my last post - tried the usual haunts and ended up with just 2 KGW around 36 cm each trip. Was fishing in the channel about halfway between the Barrier Landing and Flanagans Is when a huge school of Salmon errupted around the boat. Within just a few minutes every bird in the area had joined in. For a short time it was a Salmon a cast then like a light switch it was all over. Good fun though!

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:28 am

Any spots around paynesville landbased i should try out for kgw? Going up in easter? if not ill fish around sunset dr banks and report back

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:41 am

Andyj wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:28 pm
Hi Pirkz
Just moved to Raymond island. If you ever want a fishing buddy, would love to learn about whiting fishing in the area. Happy to contribute to bait and costs etc. Thanks Andy
have you found any good landbased spots for kgw since?

if you are after some good bream landbased on Raymond island you should check out the boats at all the jetties. When i was there a few years back i used to go up and down each of them till i could see a big school of bream under a boat. Throw in some prawn or bait chunks down and then after a couple minutes throw in a unweighted hook with same bait on. Got a few big ones like that

Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Post by Tackleberry » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 pm

Andyj wrote:
Hi Pirkz
Just moved to Raymond island. If you ever want a fishing buddy, would love to learn about whiting fishing in the area. Happy to contribute to bait and costs etc. Thanks Andy
Andy if you go to the Paynesville pub on a Thursday the Paynesville fishing club have a rifle night it's cheap to join .
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Andyj
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Andyj » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:22 pm

Tackleberry wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 pm
Andyj wrote:
Hi Pirkz
Andy if you go to the Paynesville pub on a Thursday the Paynesville fishing club have a rifle night it's cheap to join .
Hi mate, yes I have been to the pub and bought some raffle tickets for the fishing club. Will look into joining. Cheers

Andyj
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Andyj » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:27 pm

tbcha1 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:41 am
Andyj wrote:
Hi Pirkz
have you found any good landbased spots for kgw since?

if you are after some good bream landbased on Raymond island you should check out the boats at all the jetties. When i was there a few years back i used to go up and down each of them till i could see a big school of bream under a boat. Throw in some prawn or bait chunks down and then after a couple minutes throw in a unweighted hook with same bait on. Got a few big ones like that
Thanks for the information, will definitely try . Haven’t really tried for whiting yet. Caught a nice flathead on a lure.

Pirkz
Has liked: 229 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes Back to it

Post by Pirkz » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 pm

Returned from Europe yesterday so afloat today with Mrs P. Launched at Fort King and headed over to Woolaston
Two hrs in multiple moves and only undersized everything including several KGW to show for our joint efforts. Headed down to the flats north of Sperm Whale Head and ended the day with 4 sized KGW. 2 kept at 40 & 36. Hard work but nice to be back afloat in Gippsland on a sunny day.
Attachments
PXL_20240329_060814436.jpg

Tackleberry
Has liked: 302 times

Post by Tackleberry » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:45 pm

:tu: Fort King to dodge the rubber necks smart
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Pirkz
Has liked: 229 times

Re: KGW Gippsland Lakes- Same but different

Post by Pirkz » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:54 pm

Me again
Hooked 11 KGW boated 7 kept 5 38-36.
Lamb for T
Tight Lines
Pirkz

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”