COVID & fush stocks

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Re: COVID & fush stocks

Post by re-tyred » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:05 am

Pirkz wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:54 pm
And in case you are still wondering... nowt at Nungurner today so joined the armada anchored off Nyerimilang. Didnt have their patience and moved on after an hour and 2 KGW (marginal size) which were returned anyway. Probably a dozen boats out - observed a few random tight lines here and there but only small stuff from what I could see. Multiple moves towards Lakes resulted in nowt. Nice day for it though. Expect a few were offshore today..... eh re-tyred?
I have been busy, with coastguard winter maintenance, plus working on the motorbike and boat. I intend to have a crack at the salmon soon as we get the right conditions at the entrance. Calm day flood tide and clean water.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Elmer Stratty
Has liked: 56 times

Post by Elmer Stratty » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:54 pm

Went out to 8 mile today for one Morwong. Headed over to the 6 Mile outer mark and got a pinky and a couple of decent flatties. Came in closer for naught...the donuts...at Big Bears, almost a drivethru using the footbridge jetty 😂

Nothing around Nungurner so headed back to the ramp just as the wind picked up a bit.

I’ve seen a few other reports which mention- ‘The Tower’ - never heard of it.

Elmer

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:21 am

The tower is just past the pipeline, about 16nm west. A popular gummy spot. There is also some reef there in 26mtrs.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Elmer Stratty
Has liked: 56 times

Post by Elmer Stratty » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:17 am

Thanks Re-Tyred...somewhere else to check out when/if lockdown ends.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”