toolondo fishing

tebby355

toolondo fishing

Post by tebby355 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:57 pm

fished toolondo 26 & 27 august lake furthest from boat ramp had plenty of weed floating on the surface making trolling virtually impossible only 1 large brown 54cm was caught using a tassie devil in the white clown pattern & 1 other trout lost on the same lure, tried mudeyes but had no luck . other boats reported the fishing very slow as well . if the lake drops another foot access between the lakes will be impossible as the lake where the ramp is just over 6 foot deep with the bottom lake just over 8foot .sorry i could not report better news

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: toolondo fishing

Post by Nude up » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Thats a real pity I used to love going to toolondo we would go and fish the big comp they had there I used to fish mostly near the sand island near the camping grounds caught some ripper browns there.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Welcome aboard mate!! Thanks for the report. A quality fish, but the trip was a bit on the slow side. Did you try casting lures around as well? Sometimes punching a few casts into the same spot can produce a strike out of aggression, simply by annoying them. When trolling, the lure only passes them the once.
I've never actually fished it myself as yet, but I'll be making a special effort in another year or two, when those 3-3.5kg fish start nudging 4.5-5kg.
Let's hope the spring rains this year fills everything back up again. It would be a real shame for a fish kill to occur here over the warmer months.

tebby355

Post by tebby355 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:54 am

we tried casting around the trees with just the electric motor ticking over but no luck , i needed to mention that the bottom lake had algae bloom that looked like pea soup once the sun was on it a while

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”