Lake Fyans, Belfield and Makenzies Creek.

Fisho11
Has liked: 2 times

Lake Fyans, Belfield and Makenzies Creek.

Post by Fisho11 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi All,
Heading up to halls gap for a 2 days oN Wednesday. Hopeing to Kayak fish Lake Belfield or Fyans Lake one day and wade Makenzies creek the other day.
Anyone fished there before? Any tips? I was thinking slowly trolling some soft plastics along the wall and tree lines or casting hog backs into the dam wall and slowly retrieving back.

Cheers Fisho 11

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Re: Lake Fyans, Belfield and Makenzies Creek.

Post by benders » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:36 pm

Was at bell field this time last year and got onto a school of reddies on the side of the lake opposite the road and up near the wall. Just had worms on one hook and dropped lures down the steep rockwall next to it. Fair to say the worms did most of the damage. Didn't get diddly at fyans. Don't forget wartook as a possibility too.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:56 pm

Not really..good luck
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Fisho11

Post by Fisho11 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:43 am

Thanks Mick and Bender!
Will try dig some worms up in the morning!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:46 am

Good luck mate! Hope you catch a few :thumbsup:

poodoo

Post by poodoo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:41 pm

I fished bellfield last november from the land and all the reddies were in close to the structure. Didn't score anything big though all pretty small.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:37 pm

My recommendation would be to go to Fyans mate. Now is the time to start chasing those trophy sized reddies that lake is re-knowned for. Over the next month or two fish will be caught pushing the 2kg, 50cm range, similar to one I have on my wall. Persistence may be required, but they are there. It also holds some big trout which should also be starting to move now the water temps are beginning to drop. Lots of weedbeds and trees amongst it, and a relatively shallow lake. Trolling and casting lures such as tassies, bibbed minnows, jackalls, plastics, are the go. If bait fishing, mudeyes will do the damage. Best of luck!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:40 pm

Redhunter wrote:My recommendation would be to go to Fyans mate. Now is the time to start chasing those trophy sized reddies that lake is re-knowned for. Over the next month or two fish will be caught pushing the 2kg, 50cm range, similar to one I have on my wall. Persistence may be required, but they are there. It also holds some big trout which should also be starting to move now the water temps are beginning to drop. Lots of weedbeds and trees amongst it, and a relatively shallow lake. Trolling and casting lures such as tassies, bibbed minnows, jackalls, plastics, are the go. If bait fishing, mudeyes will do the damage. Best of luck!
you are alive...I just bet tuna tube a dollar that you had headed off to the nt chasing spanish mack
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Fisho11

Post by Fisho11 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:47 am

Redhunter wrote:My recommendation would be to go to Fyans mate. Now is the time to start chasing those trophy sized reddies that lake is re-knowned for. Over the next month or two fish will be caught pushing the 2kg, 50cm range, similar to one I have on my wall. Persistence may be required, but they are there. It also holds some big trout which should also be starting to move now the water temps are beginning to drop. Lots of weedbeds and trees amongst it, and a relatively shallow lake. Trolling and casting lures such as tassies, bibbed minnows, jackalls, plastics, are the go. If bait fishing, mudeyes will do the damage. Best of luck!
Thanks Redhunter, I brought a few plastics so will try them at Fyans! 2kg would be a horse of a fish! haha would defiantly be a PB!
Cheers
Fisho11

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”