Avoca

Apples

Avoca

Post by Apples » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi guys does anyone know of any fishing spots around Avoca. It can be land based or boat. Im looking at heading that way this long weekend. And also what they catch around that area

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Avoca

Post by Boonanza » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:03 pm

I'd say cairn curren would be you best bet but it might be bit slow with the natives trout & reddies are always on the bite nomally :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:23 pm

Dont know what lake learmouth is like, I think it dried up in the drought, but has been restocked since i think. Cairn Curran likewise got pretty low.

Avoca is more reknown for wineries than fishing..

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:02 am

Apples wrote:Hi guys does anyone know of any fishing spots around Avoca. It can be land based or boat. Im looking at heading that way this long weekend. And also what they catch around that area
Do a Google search on Avoca and Wimmera Rivers, there's some good native fish to be caught. I doubt anyone will give away a specific spot, as the productive accessible spots are a closely guarded local secret. I know this because I have a property near Avoca and have asked the locals the same question.

However, if you you want to get on to some huge Carp (with the chance of a Yellowbelly) try the Avoca River behind the Natte Yallock footy ground.

Apples

Post by Apples » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks guys. I will check it out. Yeah going up to see my parents but ive never really fished any where there. I too asked around and didn't get much lol. Thanks for the info

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”