Lake Bolac

Linc

Re: Lake Bolac

Post by Linc » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Yeah we took a tent, cost $15 per night for each camp (max 3 adults per camp) we had 4 adults and one child so cost $30 per night - some might say it's a bit steep to camp in the bush, but there aren't too many lakes left that you can camp right on the water, and for the fee you can use the toilets and showers.

We didn't head around that side at all, but the lake was pretty much at full capacity and was surrounded by trees everywhere we went, I would assume they cut down trees that were growing within the lake's boundaries for when the water does come back to avoid boating accidents.

davjak
Has liked: 13 times

Post by davjak » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks for the info Linc, I'm hoping to go up for a day or 2 near xmas if at all possible ..

Linc

Post by Linc » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:38 pm

let us know how you go mate

coreyhandley

Post by coreyhandley » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Has anyone been to lake bolac since the warmer weather just wondering whats been biting ive been there a few times but it was years ago it was real good for reddies. Cheers

Linc

Post by Linc » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Apparently the reddies never came back after it dried up, I haven't heard any recent reports, no doubt the eels would be biting

stuart rees

Post by stuart rees » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 am

I fly fished lake Bolac 18 months ago. I began Loch Style fishing from a boat & became very frustrated watching anglers trolling catching many nice rainbows
The worst was when i saw a huge rainbow leap out of the water 50 feet from the boat only to realise it was attached to a bait line on the bank
The lucky angler on the bank raced to his rod rod & reeled in the beast
I never got a touch out of the boat so i parked at the boat ramp near the yacht club & fished from the shore
Fly fishing from the concrete boat ramp i hooked & landed a 7lb rainbow on a silicone smelt
I saw numerous rainbows caught on minnows & powerbait from the bank to 8lb
Magnificent place clear water sandy beaches with monster trout. Paradise
Shame the damn things are so hard to catch on the fly
I was wondering if anyone else has had any success fly fishing lake Bolac

hawklife

Post by hawklife » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Its been fishing great over the last couple of years. Get ur hands on a net and get some whitebait. We try lures and worms but whitebait is the way to go.

Last time we went I caught a 4.5kg trout.

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”