Lake Wendouree

TrevKing

Re: Lake Wendouree

Post by TrevKing » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:37 pm

Thanks guys, nah no problems with snakes around here Jim, probably due to the fact that the lake is in the middle of town. :P
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Hadn't fished the lake in a while so I had a flick down there this afternoon, dropped one fish on a tassie but that was it for the afternoon. Might have to stop targeting trout and switch to some deeper diving lures in hope of some big reddies in this hot weather 8-)
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:29 pm

TrevKing wrote:Hadn't fished the lake in a while so I had a flick down there this afternoon, dropped one fish on a tassie but that was it for the afternoon. Might have to stop targeting trout and switch to some deeper diving lures in hope of some big reddies in this hot weather 8-)
Thanks for the report Trevking, was wondering how things were going over there. Haven't heard too much about it for a little while, maybe due to everyone chatting about snapper instead. There should be some cracking reddies kicking around considering the amount of food in there.

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:06 pm

Redhunter wrote:
TrevKing wrote:Hadn't fished the lake in a while so I had a flick down there this afternoon, dropped one fish on a tassie but that was it for the afternoon. Might have to stop targeting trout and switch to some deeper diving lures in hope of some big reddies in this hot weather 8-)
Thanks for the report Trevking, was wondering how things were going over there. Haven't heard too much about it for a little while, maybe due to everyone chatting about snapper instead. There should be some cracking reddies kicking around considering the amount of food in there.
Yep, although not in huge numbers they're definitely in there - a lot over 40cm and biggest I've seen was 47cm :Dribble:
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Yep, now you're talking!! Trophy reddies with big fillets to melt in your mouth.
Might have to make a special effort myself over the coming months...

westvic
Has liked: 155 times

Post by westvic » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:34 pm

try anything without direct sunlight, have had confirmed report of 8 pound (yes!) trout down the rowing course at 2:30am

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:48 pm

Was thinking of taking the Yak here next weekend whilst the missus goes to the bulldogs game. Any update on hows its been fishing recently?

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:48 pm

tommyfishunter wrote:Was thinking of taking the Yak here next weekend whilst the missus goes to the bulldogs game. Any update on hows its been fishing recently?
Fishing's been pretty slow lately. More rainbows and reddies being taken than browns. Do you fish bait or lure?
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Was planning on doing a bit of both. Maggots and powerbait is what i usually use bait wise. Spinners and tassie devils will be my lures of choice. Any advice for me?

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Maggots and powerbait will both work. Mudeyes would be the best bait if you can get a hold of any.
People have a lot of success trolling lures up and down the rowing lanes. Your tassies & spinners should work fine, along with shallow running hardbodies and minnow imitation plastics.
If you're not trolling, try to flick your lures along the sides of weedbeds for best results.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”