Central vic

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Central vic

Post by benders » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:25 am

Just a quickie. Had two brief sessions last weekend. Spent a coupe of hours at barkers creek res on the Saturday and found the water level way down as they are doing work on the wall. It was interesting to see the bottom structure but alas no bites. Would be worth a look when water is going back in. There was a lot of fresh water mussels which I have not seen anywhere else.
The next day was at upper coliban and was a cracker of a day. Spent another couple of hours flicking tassie devils and cd5s for a few follows but no takers. Bait got no hits. A fly fisho got nothing either. Still, a beautiful way to spend a Sunday. Need to go on dusk, not just when it is my little fella's nap time. Would do better then.

malleestump

Re: Central vic

Post by malleestump » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Good report benders yeah needs to get a bit warmer I reckon.they stocked trout into Barkers after the drought.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Miffy & Sparkles

Post by Miffy & Sparkles » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:18 am

good report benders. the follows you had were trout or reddeis
cheers
team m & s
we want everything
No matter what you done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it.

moeee

Post by moeee » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 pm

benders wrote: The next day was at upper coliban and was a cracker of a day. A fly fisho got nothing either. Need to go on dusk, not just when it is my little fella's nap time. Would do better then.
Of course if you made the effort to get there the opposite end of the day , I spoke to a feller who said he caught 2 trout.
He gave it away before lunch time.
My limited experience and success has always been before lunch for trout and till about 2pm the redfin.
But that could be I am bored come sundown , and just wanna go home.

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”