Any tips for Eppalock?

Skob

Any tips for Eppalock?

Post by Skob » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Hey, I'm heading to eppalock for the first time tomorrow. Pretty excited to test the new boat out. Anyone have any tips on where to catch or which areas are easiest to put the boat in?

Thanks in advance, I'll repost with how we went!

Cheers

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Re: Any tips for Eppalock?

Post by benders » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Derrinal pool has a reasonable boat ramp. Haven't fished there for a bit but the usual tale of flicking lures in the timber should be good for reddies and maybe a yella or two.

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Post by muzza43 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Not a lot of launching options around Mt Ida creek, most access is now fenced off. Good luck and welcome to the site. Cheers muzza43.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:53 pm

If you have a tinny and a forby, you can drop in just about anywhere. You haven't mentioned if you are baitfishing, casting lures, or trolling etc? If you require a ramp though, I'd recommend just to google a map of the place and see which one best suits from whichever direction you're heading from.

The shallower areas will have higher water temps, therefore more fish activity at this time of year. In amongst the timber, or along rocky banks are good areas to concentrate on as a starting point. Purple or gold stump-jumpers if trolling aren't bad lures. Spinnerbaits, plastics, jackalls, or metal vibes work well if casting lures. I haven't been up there myself recently, therefore the best advice I can give is to simply put theories into practice, and it should pay off for you mate. Spot x may have been firing yesterday, but tomorrow it may be spot y. Good luck!

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Post by benders » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:27 pm

How did you go?

Skob

Post by Skob » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:26 am

It's been awhile now but thought I'd give a report anyway. It's was a great day weather wise and great to see how the boat went in freshwater! Fish was it was dismal, spoke to a lot of kayakers and other guys in boats and no one caught a thing... Still a great day on the water though. Will definitely head back soon

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:53 am

Skob wrote:It's been awhile now but thought I'd give a report anyway. It's was a great day weather wise and great to see how the boat went in freshwater! Fish was it was dismal, spoke to a lot of kayakers and other guys in boats and no one caught a thing... Still a great day on the water though. Will definitely head back soon
Yep, sounds like Eppalock

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Hey guys visited Eppalock today to give a report on the water level at the present time.The level is nearly at drought conditions I'm quite disappointed in how low GMW have let the level drop with environmental flows .supposably at 30 pic.the luck for fishos will be little or no skiers around.Drew I reckon GMW are going to take some more of your water.But you've got plenty to release.will post a pic shortly taken at the kiosk at kimbolton pool

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi guys Eppalock has risen 20pc since my last report and is now at 42.39 pc so should be fine for summer with more rain in the spring predicted.Everything is very wet around Bendigo so most rain will be run off.cheers gus

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:00 pm

malleestump wrote:Hi guys Eppalock has risen 20pc since my last report and is now at 42.39 pc so should be fine for summer with more rain in the spring predicted.Everything is very wet around Bendigo so most rain will be run off.cheers gus

Good to hear Gus :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”