Bridgewater on Loddon

malleestump

Re: Bridgewater on Loddon

Post by malleestump » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:09 pm

I had some scrubbies left over from the uneventfull trip to the murray on Monday so spent acouple of hours on the loddon this morning for a small nibble which ended in a snagged line, but it was nice way to spent some time on a loverly sunny day
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (219.35 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
image.jpg
Last edited by malleestump on Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Would have been a perfect day for it mallee,wish i had of been there instead of work.

Nice looking canola crop in the background.

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:00 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (107.57 KiB) Viewed 2026 times
Good morning for a spot of fishing.Headed to the Loddon River at the Maldon road boat ramp.Chatted to my neighbour on the way out of my court. His. Cousin has a bait and fishing gear with ice sales.He said 2 guys caught a cod last week in the Loddon which took 2 hrs to bring to the boat from the snags.They couldn't bring it in to the boat but where able to get it against a log to measure it.It was 170cm Believe or not no pic to show.I trolled for a couple of hours without getting a touch.Nice level of water with the Bridgewater weir holding it steady for the skiers over the holiday period.Tried a scrubby for 30 mins still no action.
This punt went passed me with 3 persons on board.the marking on the boat read.ELECTRONIC FISHING VESSEL.I noticed a pole laying down with looped wires attached which I assumed was a probe.I later had a chat to them when they returned a couple of hours later.They worked for the depi doing research.Said that there were some yellow belly along the edges.probed one 45cm and another 25 cm a couple of small cod. When at the boat ramp One of the guys was cleaning and gutting about a dozen large carp . He said he was going craying in S A next year.I asked if they probed any silver perch which were supposed to be stocked sometime ago.They didn't see any at all.
image.jpg
image.jpg (122.98 KiB) Viewed 2026 times
The only fish for the morning was a 48 cm carp which gave a nice fight.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Good report Mallee :thumbsup: at least there is another dead carp.

I've seen one of those electro fishing boats before,wondered what the hell it was when we seen it coming down the river.Would have thought they would have done better than that this time of year, maybe not much around.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:14 pm

That's good looking water there Gus, I'd of thought You would do better than carp, still a lovely day to be there, cheers davo :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 pm

The way I'm going at the moment Dave I'll take the carp to say I can still catch a fish. :set1_fishing:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:58 pm

As I was reading I was hoping it wasnt a carp

Nice cod
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Not really worth starting a new thread to report this so I'll just bump this one up,
fished the Loddon at Bridgewater for the first time today in hope of catching natives. Original plan was to flick some lures around but I ended up spending the whole time fishing yabbies amongst the snags out of the kayak. First couple of snags in deeper water provided no fish so I moved to a different spot (still pretty snaggy) in shallower, weedier water and it wasn't long before I felt a small tap...then nothing...then a solid bite, strike...snagged. Had to head home after that but I will definitely be back, very nice stretch of water. :thumbsup:
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

alaskanaturally

Post by alaskanaturally » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks for the great report and pics. We enjoyed it. Really want to try that area when we are in Victoria.
Martin and Ruta Outdoor Writers: Subsistence living, fishing, hunting, wild plant gathering, mushrooming, living off the grid.

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Fishing platform I added to a log to make angling easier on this steep bank .Great spot for cod here too.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (161.91 KiB) Viewed 1876 times
image.jpeg
Added a fishing platform to a favourite spot makes it easier for this old bloke these days
image.jpeg (158.29 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”