Cold cod session

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Cold cod session

Post by Truedogz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:07 am

Davo and I headed out to a new location in northern Vic to try for cod but we weren't very successful! Davo hooked a good one but it got off before he got it to the bank. I landed a small one and we had a few other bites. It might have been the weather, heavy boat traffic through the day or simply the location but we didn't do well.

I've put in the report to simply demonstrate, particularly to newbies, that you don't have blinders every trip like we did the other night. You need to take risks exploring new locations and sometimes you won't do well. But by taking those risks you learn and now and then will hit the jackpot.

I think Davo will try to annoy the cod/yellas again over the next few days. Next week I'm off to Gippsland to target blackies trout and maybe even some bass. I'll put in a report when I get back.

Best Wishes

Truedogz

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Cold cod session

Post by smile0784 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:30 am

Thats fishing
Proves cant catch biggies all the time

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Cold cod session

Post by davek » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 am

Truedogz wrote:Davo and I headed out to a new location in northern Vic to try for cod but we weren't very successful! Davo hooked a good one but it got off before he got it to the bank. I landed a small one and we had a few other bites. It might have been the weather, heavy boat traffic through the day or simply the location but we didn't do well.

I've put in the report to simply demonstrate, particularly to newbies, that you don't have blinders every trip like we did the other night. You need to take risks exploring new locations and sometimes you won't do well. But by taking those risks you learn and now and then will hit the jackpot.

I think Davo will try to annoy the cod/yellas again over the next few days. Next week I'm off to Gippsland to target blackies trout and maybe even some bass. I'll put in a report when I get back.

Best Wishes

Truedogz
Well put Will, now if it were mozzies we were after we definitely bagged out, ;-) cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”