A report about...nothing!

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Re: A report about...nothing!

Post by April Fool » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Was going to have a session on the Goulburn today prior to the environmental flush coming through but as it turned out, I couldn't be bothered getting my sh!t together. I should have realised that after returning to work after 5 months off that everything would be sore which means the body was much better suited to drinking coffee at the local supermarket cafe whilst the scenery travelled past!

My only 'fishy' activity this week will be attending the Native Fish Australia AGM. Am looking forward to this.

The highlight today was meeting 'Chicky', the maker of the Doof Doc lures at the local CA store. What a great character he is!!!
Cheers
Team Bender
Has not yet found any Trivago chick equivalents here in Shepp.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:30 pm

April Fool wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 pm

I should have realised that after returning to work after 5 months off that everything would be sore which means the body was much better suited to drinking coffee at the local supermarket cafe whilst the scenery travelled past!

Cheers
Team Bender

Great to hear that you are back at work Jim. Hope the transition from not doing anything at home to not doing anything at work was seamless. But, yes, hope it wasn't a big knockerouterer.

Which brings me to , , , , scenery. Nothing makes a coffee nicer than nice scenery , , , , only thing is, there is more of a chance of a coffee dribble on the chin from redirected concentration :-D

Cheers, Bug , , , , when you do find Miss Trivago 2.0 , , , , ask her if she has a Sister :-D

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 am

Planned to fish Gunnamatta on Saturday with couple mates. Weather forecast was promising, tide wind swell etc looked great. Friday night both of them cancelled... So I ended up went to get a haircut and on the couch whole day....
Sunday afternoon I got the urge to go fishing, was cold and raining. Put the waterproof outfit and off to Altona pier at around 4pm, was hoping to get some salmons, even the small ones, anything! .... And donut ......
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 am
Planned to fish Gunnamatta on Saturday with couple mates. Weather forecast was promising, tide wind swell etc looked great. Friday night both of them cancelled... So I ended up went to get a haircut and on the couch whole day....
Sunday afternoon I got the urge to go fishing, was cold and raining. Put the waterproof outfit and off to Altona pier at around 4pm, was hoping to get some salmons, even the small ones, anything! .... And donut ......
Should have just gone solo mate would have been not a bad day to walk the beach casting lures.

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Seb, I don't think you can match my current form! I did some research the other day...it was mid October when I caught my last decent fish. And mid March this year when I caught my last fish...a small Trout cod at the cod trip. Last time I went fishing was mid May. The drought will break soon!

Somehow I have been talked into assisting with the loading of trout eggs into incubators at Snobs Creek next Tuesday. I am doing a bit of fish related stuff behind the scenes of late.
Cheers
Team Bender

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:30 pm
April Fool wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 pm

I should have realised that after returning to work after 5 months off that everything would be sore which means the body was much better suited to drinking coffee at the local supermarket cafe whilst the scenery travelled past!

Cheers
Team Bender

Great to hear that you are back at work Jim. Hope the transition from not doing anything at home to not doing anything at work was seamless. But, yes, hope it wasn't a big knockerouterer.

Which brings me to , , , , scenery. Nothing makes a coffee nicer than nice scenery , , , , only thing is, there is more of a chance of a coffee dribble on the chin from redirected concentration :-D

Cheers, Bug , , , , when you do find Miss Trivago 2.0 , , , , ask her if she has a Sister :-D
Get on Tinder Bug and find your very own tinderella.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:44 pm

April Fool wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm
Seb, I don't think you can match my current form! I did some research the other day...it was mid October when I caught my last decent fish. And mid March this year when I caught my last fish...a small Trout cod at the cod trip. Last time I went fishing was mid May. The drought will break soon!

Somehow I have been talked into assisting with the loading of trout eggs into incubators at Snobs Creek next Tuesday. I am doing a bit of fish related stuff behind the scenes of late.
Cheers
Team Bender
These stretches happen mate when busy with work etc I go months without fishing and it sucks..
Good on you for getting involved mate well done.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:02 pm

April Fool wrote:

Cheers
Team Bender
How good will that be Jim always nice for an invite mate ;-)
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:04 pm

April Fool wrote:

Cheers
Team Bender
Wow that's quite a gap between fish! Don't think I can hold the fishing crave longer than a month.
rb85 wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
Should have just gone solo mate would have been not a bad day to walk the beach casting lures.
Yea should have, but I was already in a bad mood. Realised it on Sunday, hence the trip to Altona pier. Went there again after work, tide is about 6pm. Saw a small school or small salmon busting on surface hitting a school of bait fish around 3-4cm. I used squidgy flickbait white colour 70mm, one salmon followed but turned. Water was super clear. Another donut.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:04 pm
April Fool wrote:

Cheers
Team Bender
Wow that's quite a gap between fish! Don't think I can hold the fishing crave longer than a month.
rb85 wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
Yea should have, but I was already in a bad mood. Realised it on Sunday, hence the trip to Altona pier. Went there again after work, tide is about 6pm. Saw a small school or small salmon busting on surface hitting a school of bait fish around 3-4cm. I used squidgy flickbait white colour 70mm, one salmon followed but turned. Water was super clear. Another donut.
At least you got out nothing like getting out for a fish to change your mood.

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”